Friday, April 29, 2011

WE'RE BACK!

Hey out there in Blog land. It's been a while, I know. But, in the grand scheme of things, something had to go and this was the least important (plus I was sick of hearing about my own life, but I digress).

Inspired to start again, let me catch you all up on the last 6 months...

Work:

As the summer begins, the push to cut the budget is on. I've been reduced 2 1/2 hours every week. Not horrible, but hopefully it doesn't last too long. If they look to cut me further, that's when I begin looking for a new station.

We've got a ton of new people, which somehow resulted in more prime vacation spots being taken out of the bid as compared to last year. We also got a new mechanic, finally, and our trucks have never been better. Of course, the crap he inherited may be causing him health problems, and he already wants out. Don't blame him.

The Index has been renewed for two more volumes, and we've already begun banging them out. I also volunteered for an internal Index project. Basically, I copy from the PDFs of our trades as well as write up 30 of the new releases every month on an Excel spreadsheet. Time consuming in its way, but far easier than doing chronologies. Plus! Free books every month!

Iconic 2 is delayed beyond belief, and right now all I'm waiting on are four pages of inks and the intro. Once in hand, I can get the final touch-ups done and the trade dress made, and the book published. Worlds Beyond 2 is also underway, but I've been having serious delays in the editing of the stories. Didn't even have time to write one myself. CAG is trying out a new free membership program this year to offset those who cry poverty thanks to the economy. Seeing as we got more memberships when we were a pay op, we may switch to pay to join, free after format. As of January, I'm also the vice president.

Love:

I re-activated my dating site account to make a play for romance. I ended up with one pen-pal in northern New York who apparently became busy and disappeared. I had another pen-pal I went on a hangout with. We had fun, but as per the usual pattern since then contact became sparse until eventually stopping altogether. She's away from town on a job all summer, but I'm not expecting renewed contact once she returns. I've also had two or three others begin conversations with me, only to drop off as usual with no warning, explanation or clear reason. In short: it was about as effective as the last time I tried. And the more I think about it, the more I realize I don't really have time for all this romance bull. I have work to focus on for now.

Life:

Grandma finally died in February, so I'm now grandparent-less. Still not in the new apartment because everyone keeps dragging their feet. Me, I'm too busy to take initiatives on my own. Only so many hours in the day, and I spend most of them working. Me and Sis keep trying to get together for lunch after I get off work, but so far we haven't been able to make it happen due to conflicts that pop up. We'll figure it out one day...or in time for the next birthday gathering. Either way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home