Wednesday, July 18, 2007

BROKEN

Monday seems like cake compared to today. So, what happened? Well, went out with Shawn on my route. Was rainin', but not so much to be a problem. Brakes were shit on the truck, pedal goin' all the way to the floor. Gas was also awkward to hit. Anyways, the real problem came when I pulled up to a light on 30th an' was tryin' to watch this guy I knew was gonna cut me off (which he did) an' ended up smashin' the passenger mirror against a USPS truck. Yes, I am a dumbass.

Spot Shawn had me go into was over a flooded manhole, so that was some fun maneuverin' there. Tried out my poncho only to find it's a pain in the ass to move in, so opted to get soaked instead. Get a real rain coat eventually. Fortunately Billy was on the elevator so things went smoothly. Shawn wasn't confident I'd make service so he took care of the Old Navy stop, then followed me around fer the rest. Finished with 10 mins to spare.

Drivin' back was tricky with no mirror, especially since we had to get gas first an' there were plenty of assholes on the road, but we managed just fine. Took the West Side to avoid makin' any right turns. Got back to the station, then hadda wait fer Shawn to fill out the accident stuff an' deal with constant interruptions which made me late fer work. Fuckin' hell. There's this one guy, a don't give a fuck lookin' mumbler who ALWAYS seems to be in my way, physically or otherwise an' today was no exception as he was one of the interruptions. Dang it.

Other'n that, office work went quick, didn't get as many comics read or reviewed as I'd like, but the night ran smoother. Tomorrow I go out with Natasha on another road test an' probably end up fired or somethin'. We'll see.

Oh, yeah, an' Shadow decided to take a shit in the front room. Didn't wanna try to go past Friskie, so she stood in the corner an' shat, givin' my ma a look like she wasn't doin' nuttin' wrong as she was bein' yelled at. We've got some crazy cats, lemme tell ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home