Tuesday, July 17, 2007

CERTIFIED

Drivin' test today. After more borin' classroom stuff and videos, we finally got behind the wheel an' took the truck fer a spin. Gotta tell ya, layout of that station is insane...one ramp after another. Anyways, Marilyn was showin' us the route we'd be drivin' an' decided to get some gas on the way. Truck needs diesel, an' the closest station is situated under the old elevated tracks in the meat district which was a bitch to navigate an' which she missed the right turn fer. Next was the Lukoil station I've seen on the way to my route, but no diesel. Finally was the Mobil by my old station which there was some confusion as to which avenue it was on. We eventually got there, filled up, then headed back fer practice runs.

Drivin' the truck was as easy as I figured. Only problem was they did some work to it over the week an' severely tightened up the brakes. So when I go to hit it as I normally would, it'd be like I was stoppin' short. Took me half the run to get the hang of it, an' then we were good. Other guys did theirs, Manny not payin' attention to signs an' gettin' us lost on the way. Moron.

Took a lunch break after, then was the real runs. Both times we were gettin' ready to go, the lady who replaced Linda as Marilyn's supervisor was severely late, really holdin' us up. Dunno what the hell she was doin' or why she couldn't keep to a schedule, but whatever. My run was just as good as the one before, 'cept I took a turn a li'l too hard an' I still got my drift problem. But, I passed, as did the other two (though don't think Manny shoulda but whatever), so now I'm a full courier. Tomorrow Shawn comes out with me to make sure I'm not a complete moron. This should be fun.

Wish I could say I got stuff done, but I passed out on my couch fer an hour. Got up an' the night just flew. Ah well. Tomorrow's another day...dominated by comics. Dammit. Where'd all the time go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home