BURN IT UP
Today used to mean somethin' to me, but it doesn't an' I don't care. After Saturday, I'm freakin' golden!
Got stuck with Matt again today (or Mapp...not sure exactly, not that I care). Remember him from Friday? We had a buncha bulk stops fer 601 W26th, which'd be the loadin' dock where he almost got into a fight over a space. He was all like sayin' it was gonna take us till 12:30 to finish, but he turned out to just be causin' himself additional stress again. Seriously, he's too high strung fer this job.
Anyways, to save time 'cause we had SO much to do (bulk stops, really...the hardest part of them is transport) he had me scan the Martha Stewart stuff so that was my first delivery. 25 pieces in total fer them, was only able to take up 14 with the luggage cart (found by Shawn fer me) an' the handtruck I "borrowed" from Edwin (who's on vacation, apparently). Didn't feel too good takin' it without askin', but desperate times... I made the first drop offs, then came back down to get the rest.
Now, I had a real DUH moment right here. I stopped at the truck an' tried the keys I got. Didn't work. Kept tryin', still didn't work. I looked up an' saw the truck number didn't match the keys by ONE number. I was freaked that I had taken the wrong keys an' cut Matt off when he said where he was gonna leave his set fer me. After some pacin', I realized I was too far forward in the dock an' saw the OTHER truck towards the end. Y'know, the truck whose keys I DO have. Yeah, I stopped at Brandi's truck instead of ours. Brilliant. Odd that the trucks had almost the same number, though. Then of course there was the problem of someone else usin' the dead route number I usually use an' difficulty tryin' to find a free one...which ended up not matterin' anyways. I did learn though that the phone numbers management supplied us to call them were completely useless seein' as I tried to call 'em to rectify the situation. That's good to know before a real pinch.
Rest of the deliveries went smoothly an' we were done by 11. He wasn't too thrilled with that, but hadda do somethin' anyways. I was taken back, did my stuff, then went off to work. After that, I headed home to print out the Best Buy pick-up E-Mail an' to give my water bottle a quick chill in the freezer, seein' as the heat index had the temperature as feelin' about 100 today. Crazy to venture, I know, but hadda get those DVDs an' my rims need the workout.
Wasn't too bad by the water, a bit cooler. Rims held up nice so far, think one more run I'll take it in fer the first maintenance. Got my DVDs right quick too. The returns people took the pick-ups right away, which pissed off some people waitin' but tough shit. That's why I do all my stuff online...no lines, so HA! Came on back an' then proceeded to write an advanced review fer Xombie 3. Tomorrow begins my defensive drivin' class, but I'm not worried. If I can handle ma's car now (which always gave me troubles), then I'm confident I can handle anythin' with wheels.
Got stuck with Matt again today (or Mapp...not sure exactly, not that I care). Remember him from Friday? We had a buncha bulk stops fer 601 W26th, which'd be the loadin' dock where he almost got into a fight over a space. He was all like sayin' it was gonna take us till 12:30 to finish, but he turned out to just be causin' himself additional stress again. Seriously, he's too high strung fer this job.
Anyways, to save time 'cause we had SO much to do (bulk stops, really...the hardest part of them is transport) he had me scan the Martha Stewart stuff so that was my first delivery. 25 pieces in total fer them, was only able to take up 14 with the luggage cart (found by Shawn fer me) an' the handtruck I "borrowed" from Edwin (who's on vacation, apparently). Didn't feel too good takin' it without askin', but desperate times... I made the first drop offs, then came back down to get the rest.
Now, I had a real DUH moment right here. I stopped at the truck an' tried the keys I got. Didn't work. Kept tryin', still didn't work. I looked up an' saw the truck number didn't match the keys by ONE number. I was freaked that I had taken the wrong keys an' cut Matt off when he said where he was gonna leave his set fer me. After some pacin', I realized I was too far forward in the dock an' saw the OTHER truck towards the end. Y'know, the truck whose keys I DO have. Yeah, I stopped at Brandi's truck instead of ours. Brilliant. Odd that the trucks had almost the same number, though. Then of course there was the problem of someone else usin' the dead route number I usually use an' difficulty tryin' to find a free one...which ended up not matterin' anyways. I did learn though that the phone numbers management supplied us to call them were completely useless seein' as I tried to call 'em to rectify the situation. That's good to know before a real pinch.
Rest of the deliveries went smoothly an' we were done by 11. He wasn't too thrilled with that, but hadda do somethin' anyways. I was taken back, did my stuff, then went off to work. After that, I headed home to print out the Best Buy pick-up E-Mail an' to give my water bottle a quick chill in the freezer, seein' as the heat index had the temperature as feelin' about 100 today. Crazy to venture, I know, but hadda get those DVDs an' my rims need the workout.
Wasn't too bad by the water, a bit cooler. Rims held up nice so far, think one more run I'll take it in fer the first maintenance. Got my DVDs right quick too. The returns people took the pick-ups right away, which pissed off some people waitin' but tough shit. That's why I do all my stuff online...no lines, so HA! Came on back an' then proceeded to write an advanced review fer Xombie 3. Tomorrow begins my defensive drivin' class, but I'm not worried. If I can handle ma's car now (which always gave me troubles), then I'm confident I can handle anythin' with wheels.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home