RIM SHOT
It's always nice to get up early and have the reasons become pointless. I went into work, did my thing, but unfortunately the holiday craziness Tony talked to me about before we started wasn't happenin' today. The freight was super light, which meant everyone was under their stop counts, which meant that the part-timers got sent home. That'd be me. Basically, I got up at 5AM to travel 2 hours on a train in total to only work under 2 hours. I made about $12 after tax...I coulda mowed a lawn fer that AND slept in.
So I came home, ate, chatted with sis fer a while, then ran some errands. Went to the bank as I dunno if I'd have time after my eye doc appointment Thurs. Needed money fer my date. Then headed over to the bike shop where I spent $250 ($278 after tax and labor) on new rims that they swear are super durable. I just need to go in fer regular maintenance fer a while every 30 miles or so. While I was waitin' fer that, I went to Circuit City to see what they had, also stopped by a deli fer a drink. I bought a Sunny Blast, a fruit drink I used to drink all the time as a kid. Y'know, it's like those quarter drinks but larger with a sport cap you can either use or remove. Man, I'm so glad the taste didn't change! The orange was as great as I remember...and just as sticky. Never fails, whenever ya drink that stuff some always manages to splatter an' get on yer hands. Fortunately, the stick wears off after a fashion. Yes, I love actin' like a kid. Sue me.
Picked up some ham fer the rest of my lunches fer the week (I actually used the last to make a sandwich today even though I knew the office was closed an' I'd be home to eat...dumbass!) while I was there, then felt I had a message. Tina apparently was eatin' on 86th at the time an' called me to see if I wanted to chill with her fer a bit. But, alas, I didn't feel the phone ring. They seriously need to amp up the volume/vibration on these things...even if I wore my belt clip I wouldn'ta felt it. Anyways, was too late to chill but we chatted fer 10 mins. Kinda funny as I was just talkin' about her yesterday.
Got the bike, came home to try an' do some work. Website system's givin' me some troubles lately, so that's a bitch to do. Writin' is also bein' seriously impeded by the fact I kept passin' out from bein' tired. I shoulda napped... Well, looks like tomorrow gonna hafta finish up my work an' do some cleanin' before I hafta BBQ fer me an' gma.
So I came home, ate, chatted with sis fer a while, then ran some errands. Went to the bank as I dunno if I'd have time after my eye doc appointment Thurs. Needed money fer my date. Then headed over to the bike shop where I spent $250 ($278 after tax and labor) on new rims that they swear are super durable. I just need to go in fer regular maintenance fer a while every 30 miles or so. While I was waitin' fer that, I went to Circuit City to see what they had, also stopped by a deli fer a drink. I bought a Sunny Blast, a fruit drink I used to drink all the time as a kid. Y'know, it's like those quarter drinks but larger with a sport cap you can either use or remove. Man, I'm so glad the taste didn't change! The orange was as great as I remember...and just as sticky. Never fails, whenever ya drink that stuff some always manages to splatter an' get on yer hands. Fortunately, the stick wears off after a fashion. Yes, I love actin' like a kid. Sue me.
Picked up some ham fer the rest of my lunches fer the week (I actually used the last to make a sandwich today even though I knew the office was closed an' I'd be home to eat...dumbass!) while I was there, then felt I had a message. Tina apparently was eatin' on 86th at the time an' called me to see if I wanted to chill with her fer a bit. But, alas, I didn't feel the phone ring. They seriously need to amp up the volume/vibration on these things...even if I wore my belt clip I wouldn'ta felt it. Anyways, was too late to chill but we chatted fer 10 mins. Kinda funny as I was just talkin' about her yesterday.
Got the bike, came home to try an' do some work. Website system's givin' me some troubles lately, so that's a bitch to do. Writin' is also bein' seriously impeded by the fact I kept passin' out from bein' tired. I shoulda napped... Well, looks like tomorrow gonna hafta finish up my work an' do some cleanin' before I hafta BBQ fer me an' gma.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home