CRAP DAY
Got stuck with Dale again today. He got stuck in traffic after deliverin' the First Overnight packages so he didn't get back until real late. It was dangerously close to 9 by the time we left an' got to do our first stop. Of course, my first package ended up bein' a Dex (or undeliverable at the moment) an' then Dale discovered the truck was almost out of gas. Well, actually, the gauge was on E so to his mind that means it's about to crap out any second. In a bit of a panic, he had us head off to try an' find a gas station closer than the one he knew, but when we ran into Mike on the way he confirmed that was the only one. So there we went, him turnin' off the motor at every light in case we ran outta gas before we made it. Of course, dipshits we are, we didn't think to leave me with the handtruck an' some packages to go continue deliveries while he gassed up. Hey, it was early...my brain don't function before 11.
Deliveries went smoothly from there, except fer one on 31st where the entire floor was open, it looked like people had been there, but absolutely NOBODY was there. I did the rest of the packages I took, includin' the original Dex an' was able to scan in that reattempt package just before 10:30 hit, so it wasn't late. However, that didn't matter as when I went back, they STILL weren't there. PLUS there were guys comin' to pick up stuff as well. WTF? I went accross the street to help Dale with 302 before attemptin' it one last time when we were about to leave. Still not there, so back to the station it goes.
Ever since the class, I've been makin' a lotta rookie mistakes I DIDN'T make when I first started. It's insane. I didn't deliver a package the way I should've today, the other day I forgot some codes I always put in on my timesheet...it's insane. Takin' me forever to get back into the groove. Fuckin' classes. Oh, yeah, an' on Tues Dion lost his phone, so who got the credit fer findin' it? Juan. Thanks, Juan.
I got to the office nice an' early an' got my comics. Work went fairly quick, but I had my eye doc appointment to see what was up with my glasses. Seriously, my vision is fucked up these days. Some days I'm clearer than others, an' I always seem to be shitty when it's time fer an eye test. Well, the prescription he wrote me last time MAY have been right then, but as of today one lense is now closer to my old prescription. Wonderful. He wrote me a new one an' I headed over to the glasses place to get 'em changed up. Just can't win.
So I get home an' expect to get right into my comics an' reviews, right? Wrong. First I hafta find Smokey's collar 'cause I found he was missin' it this mornin'. Find that under the table after I go an' lift ma's bed to see if it's under there like usual. And, of course, I had to clean up three piles of puke. Someone overate some dry food an' it didn't sit too well. Then came the matter of feedin' myself an' the cats, an' it was super late by the time I got to the comics. Add to that that everyone, as usual, IMs me on Wednesday. Not Monday, or Friday, or any day when I'm super bored an' could USE people to talk to, nope...Wednesday. So I only got half the books done. Gonna do the rest tomorrow as well as finish cleanin' an' a couple advance reviews I got handed. Oh, and of course, it decides to thunderstorm right when I'm about to take out the garbage.
The shinin' light of this week is Saturday, which has been finalized with Babs. Now hopefully nuttin' goes seriously wrong THAT day of all days. Gonna be fun!
Deliveries went smoothly from there, except fer one on 31st where the entire floor was open, it looked like people had been there, but absolutely NOBODY was there. I did the rest of the packages I took, includin' the original Dex an' was able to scan in that reattempt package just before 10:30 hit, so it wasn't late. However, that didn't matter as when I went back, they STILL weren't there. PLUS there were guys comin' to pick up stuff as well. WTF? I went accross the street to help Dale with 302 before attemptin' it one last time when we were about to leave. Still not there, so back to the station it goes.
Ever since the class, I've been makin' a lotta rookie mistakes I DIDN'T make when I first started. It's insane. I didn't deliver a package the way I should've today, the other day I forgot some codes I always put in on my timesheet...it's insane. Takin' me forever to get back into the groove. Fuckin' classes. Oh, yeah, an' on Tues Dion lost his phone, so who got the credit fer findin' it? Juan. Thanks, Juan.
I got to the office nice an' early an' got my comics. Work went fairly quick, but I had my eye doc appointment to see what was up with my glasses. Seriously, my vision is fucked up these days. Some days I'm clearer than others, an' I always seem to be shitty when it's time fer an eye test. Well, the prescription he wrote me last time MAY have been right then, but as of today one lense is now closer to my old prescription. Wonderful. He wrote me a new one an' I headed over to the glasses place to get 'em changed up. Just can't win.
So I get home an' expect to get right into my comics an' reviews, right? Wrong. First I hafta find Smokey's collar 'cause I found he was missin' it this mornin'. Find that under the table after I go an' lift ma's bed to see if it's under there like usual. And, of course, I had to clean up three piles of puke. Someone overate some dry food an' it didn't sit too well. Then came the matter of feedin' myself an' the cats, an' it was super late by the time I got to the comics. Add to that that everyone, as usual, IMs me on Wednesday. Not Monday, or Friday, or any day when I'm super bored an' could USE people to talk to, nope...Wednesday. So I only got half the books done. Gonna do the rest tomorrow as well as finish cleanin' an' a couple advance reviews I got handed. Oh, and of course, it decides to thunderstorm right when I'm about to take out the garbage.
The shinin' light of this week is Saturday, which has been finalized with Babs. Now hopefully nuttin' goes seriously wrong THAT day of all days. Gonna be fun!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home