OUT OF NOWHERE
Today was a day fer surprises.
Babs E-Mails me tonight an' drops the bomb on me that it's NOT gonna work out 'cause we're not compatable. O...kay...? How in the hell we went from "I wish you lived closer" to not compatable in 4 days is beyond me. Can't fathom what the hell I did wrong besides bein' me (which is just so wrong in of itself, I reckon). From what she said I could only garner it's 'cause she couldn't envision a future with me, which at her age is on her mind now, an' she couldn't get past my chosen lifestyle workin' in comic books. She never said as much but I also think the age difference, no matter how slight, bugged her. Well, that pretty much sucked. I mean, not like I didn't expect it (and of course had people tellin' me I was bein' negative AGAIN...when will they learn?). My instincts are never wrong, but really there was no indication to believe I might be anythin' but negative. Ah well, so I suck at the relationship stuff. We all knew that. We're gonna do the friend thing, though, which if it plays to form will usually involve some contact at first which will gradually decrease until nuttin' or no contact save fer bday and holiday greetings. It sucks, I won't lie, but such is life I guess.
Last words of the day was me explainin' to her in more detail about my room, that I just never bothered to change it after I finished it an' that when I relocate I most likely wouldn't do it like that again. Also how many professionals have examples of their work around their dwellings an' offices, like statues an' posters an' stuff. I just found it funny I lost one girl 'cause she didn't think I'd ever achieve my dreams, and I lost another 'cause I'm livin' my dreams. Can't win, I tells ya. Sis is right, I need to find a comic chick...but not only are they super rare around here, they're super rare bein' single too.
On to more fun stuff! I'm STILL not driver certified 'cause Nancy apparently is preggers an' hadda go to the hospital. So without someone to observe Linda sent us all back to our stations an' I gave her my number so she could let me know what's what fer tomorrow. I get into my station, grab my gear, an' Carlos tells me I'm NOT gettin' 611 'cause they're gonna make it full-time now. So, after all those months of learnin' those routes, I get sent upstairs where I'm takin' over 633 on W33rd Street 'cause that guy is transferrin' to Florida this weekend.
Route's not too bad, predominantly one buildin'. Rick showed me his methods of doin' it, droppin' stuff off on various floors an' workin' like that. Apparently he's got the WHOLE buildin' wired, friends with almost everyone we ran into. Holy hell I KNOW I'm gonna be compared to him an' I know I'll come up lackin' 'cause we're two different personalities. Fantastic.
We were finished by 10:30, got back to the station an' I was on my way to the office just after 11. I was gonna stay till 5 an' get an extra hour, but said screw it an' went home early. Unfortunately, I got super delayed in startin' my readin', an' then of course all the fun bullshit happens while I'm tryin' to so I basically just gave up an' did what I finished an' that was it. Everythin' hasta happen on comic day when the world knows I got reviews to do. Frig.
Oh, yeah, and I found out that Jack FM is bein' replaced by CBS FM again tomorrow. While it's nice it's comin' back like K-Rock did, it sucks 'cause Jack was the ONLY station I listened to regularly. So, now, once again I'm gonna be without a station. Think I should get an iPod surgically implanted in my skull or somethin'.
Babs E-Mails me tonight an' drops the bomb on me that it's NOT gonna work out 'cause we're not compatable. O...kay...? How in the hell we went from "I wish you lived closer" to not compatable in 4 days is beyond me. Can't fathom what the hell I did wrong besides bein' me (which is just so wrong in of itself, I reckon). From what she said I could only garner it's 'cause she couldn't envision a future with me, which at her age is on her mind now, an' she couldn't get past my chosen lifestyle workin' in comic books. She never said as much but I also think the age difference, no matter how slight, bugged her. Well, that pretty much sucked. I mean, not like I didn't expect it (and of course had people tellin' me I was bein' negative AGAIN...when will they learn?). My instincts are never wrong, but really there was no indication to believe I might be anythin' but negative. Ah well, so I suck at the relationship stuff. We all knew that. We're gonna do the friend thing, though, which if it plays to form will usually involve some contact at first which will gradually decrease until nuttin' or no contact save fer bday and holiday greetings. It sucks, I won't lie, but such is life I guess.
Last words of the day was me explainin' to her in more detail about my room, that I just never bothered to change it after I finished it an' that when I relocate I most likely wouldn't do it like that again. Also how many professionals have examples of their work around their dwellings an' offices, like statues an' posters an' stuff. I just found it funny I lost one girl 'cause she didn't think I'd ever achieve my dreams, and I lost another 'cause I'm livin' my dreams. Can't win, I tells ya. Sis is right, I need to find a comic chick...but not only are they super rare around here, they're super rare bein' single too.
On to more fun stuff! I'm STILL not driver certified 'cause Nancy apparently is preggers an' hadda go to the hospital. So without someone to observe Linda sent us all back to our stations an' I gave her my number so she could let me know what's what fer tomorrow. I get into my station, grab my gear, an' Carlos tells me I'm NOT gettin' 611 'cause they're gonna make it full-time now. So, after all those months of learnin' those routes, I get sent upstairs where I'm takin' over 633 on W33rd Street 'cause that guy is transferrin' to Florida this weekend.
Route's not too bad, predominantly one buildin'. Rick showed me his methods of doin' it, droppin' stuff off on various floors an' workin' like that. Apparently he's got the WHOLE buildin' wired, friends with almost everyone we ran into. Holy hell I KNOW I'm gonna be compared to him an' I know I'll come up lackin' 'cause we're two different personalities. Fantastic.
We were finished by 10:30, got back to the station an' I was on my way to the office just after 11. I was gonna stay till 5 an' get an extra hour, but said screw it an' went home early. Unfortunately, I got super delayed in startin' my readin', an' then of course all the fun bullshit happens while I'm tryin' to so I basically just gave up an' did what I finished an' that was it. Everythin' hasta happen on comic day when the world knows I got reviews to do. Frig.
Oh, yeah, and I found out that Jack FM is bein' replaced by CBS FM again tomorrow. While it's nice it's comin' back like K-Rock did, it sucks 'cause Jack was the ONLY station I listened to regularly. So, now, once again I'm gonna be without a station. Think I should get an iPod surgically implanted in my skull or somethin'.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home