Friday, July 20, 2007

GHETTO GREEK

First day out alone, an' it went just fine. No problems on the road an' was able to get a spot right out front. Unofrtunately waitin' fer the extra hand truck, the fuckin' kid in th elevator, an' Juan held me up enough that 7 packages ended up late. That plus my power pad was crap an' died out fer a few minutes on the 10th floor. Fortunately, everyone had problems all over so there were lots of lates. I sent a help message so at least my ass was covered. Ah well, at least I finished the first buildin'. 421 7th was a pain in the ass with their small elevators an' this huge-ass packaged I hadda deliver. An' forget about Old Navy...like tryin' to deliver to the Pentagon!

I come into the office to find out last week Kathy dumped some of her work on me an' took some of mine, but nobody bothered to ask OR tell me. I love that. People fuck around with MY job when I'm not even there. Needless to say, I was a li'l pissed. That also gave me a ton more renewals to do, not like I didn't already have a lot. Fuckin' place...don't think I'm gonna be there much longer.

Came home an' sacked out till sis an' D started callin' me about our hangout tonight. D ended up bein' on 86th early 'cause sis ran behind, but it all worked out fine. I met sis just as she came off the bus, then we met D outside Circuit City where I had him grab me a Sleepless in Seattle that I wasn't able to this week. We checked out Hinsch's first, but they were already closed. So we went down to this Greek place on the corner. Nice li'l establishment. Pretty ghetto. Menu was nice an' cheap, which I found out was because of small-sized portions. They gave us canned soda, an' had Del Monte ketchup which had to be shared with another table. Tasty, though, but I coulda got a same-sized burger fer $1 at McDonald's.

We walked back along 4th where we deposited sis at the train to head back into the city to be with her future fam. Me an' D then headed up to 5th where I passed by Carvel fer a soft cone before headin' to his place to chill on the stoop fer a bit. Was a great night fer just hangin'. Eventually partin' ways I headed home to do some work, but ended up bein' too sleepy to do much. Blah. Tomorrow is another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home