Saturday, July 31, 2010

JULY RECAP

So here's the skinny of what's been going down:

Sis is moving back to NY with her fiance next month. Her job had tried to tempt her to stay by offering her a new job title (with no extra pay). But, it just wasn't worth it to her, that coupled with the sexual harrassment she recently had to endure from one of her bosses there. It was just time to go, and the timing went perfectly. She's due to get married in September. Unlike the only other wedding I was invited to I'll be making that one.

Speaking of weddings, Facebook really lets you know how far behind in the "race of life" you are. Old friends from school and aquaintances alike have been getting hitched and having kids left and right. Me, I'm still mentally in high school and honestly haven't really be attracted to anyone in a long time. I mean, I've found women attracTIVE, but I haven't been attracTED. Hopefully that makes sense. Anyway, I digress...lotsa nuptials flying around. I probably better get working on finding a date for my high school reunion so I'll have some backup!

Alex was hospitalized for a couple of weeks, but he's out now and slowly healing up. In fact, I approached him about doing inks for a second story on Iconic now that the story he was supposed to be on is being done by its new penciler. However, getting the pages to him is turning out to be a challenge. His E-Mail keeps rejecting it. Well, there are ways around that, I just need the frame of mind to try them.

Worlds Beyond is finally done. We had a little sizing issue that the printer took care of, unfortunately the cover ended up shifting a bit to the right thanks to the measurements being slightly off on the imaging. Oh well, live and learn. It's not horrible, and the front cover can be passed as a creative choice. The killer is the CAG logo on the spine that's not centered. Also had a bit of drama with the credit card company failing to authorize payment to the printer. Took two days to convince them I authorized the payment (which was the same card I used for the down payment, by the way) and get it to go. But, going it is.

Iconic is still moving slowly, but I'm focusing on getting the pencils lettered so I can put together a dummy book to get our introduction done. Since nobody really reads this I can tell you all in blog land that we're approaching Walt Simonson for the honors. Walt is one of comicdom's more revolutionary writers, and a hell of a nice guy.

And finally, the heat is still kicking my ass and making me tired. WINTER! WHERE ARE YOU!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home