ORDER IN THE COURT
My time has come. Jury duty. And this was the GRAND JURY, which, as I learned, apparently meant I could be stuck from 2 weeks or up to 3 months! At least, the 3 month thing if I postponed for another time, which I contemplated given all the crap I have to do. But, I bit the bullet and threw my hat into the ring.
The result? I wasn't selected for one of the three juries they had. Instead, I was relocated across the street to Surrogates Court where I sat, except for lunch. And then dismissed! The whole room cheered when the lady in charge said all their juries were full for this round, and it'd be 8 more years!
Luckily I loaded up with plenty to do. I brought several Archie digests to read, as well as my Index work (so I could be ready for a weekend-long bang session in case I got held up with this crap). Also had internet access so I was able to talk to Miranda most of the time. So, it wasn't a totally painful experience and I did get somewhat ahead on my Index work.
Lemons and lemonade.
The result? I wasn't selected for one of the three juries they had. Instead, I was relocated across the street to Surrogates Court where I sat, except for lunch. And then dismissed! The whole room cheered when the lady in charge said all their juries were full for this round, and it'd be 8 more years!
Luckily I loaded up with plenty to do. I brought several Archie digests to read, as well as my Index work (so I could be ready for a weekend-long bang session in case I got held up with this crap). Also had internet access so I was able to talk to Miranda most of the time. So, it wasn't a totally painful experience and I did get somewhat ahead on my Index work.
Lemons and lemonade.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home