DEAD ON DEPARTURE
One cool thing about today was all the packages we got in related to the convention later. We got packages for the hotel fer one of the guys I actually know (tried to score those to deliver, but Rory opted to give me Verizon instead...punk) and one of the other stops got something from Diamond Comics, but it was a P2 so it was Rory's no matter what. In the cans, I also got a package for Edwin's route to someone from DC, and Earl told me that Tesshkeel Comics is located on his route. Man! The bitch came with how late I got out again, having to call out for help. Willie came by and took two of my stops, leaving me to finish up one in the building then my last outside stop after locking it. But, I made it so it was all good. Unfortunately, I forgot to scan one of my 7th floor packages. Dammmit. Almost a perfect day.
The day continued to go downhill when I was talked into trying out this pizza place near where I catch the train that I always see this group of people outside eating at. I was with a couple co-workers and we all said what the hell based on one's recommendation. After reaching 36th street, though, it started to mess with my stomach big time. It wasn't even all that good, I've had better. I hadda go home 'cause I forgot my bank book so I drank some gingerale and took an ant-acid tablet before opting to just try my luck to find parking by taking the car to the bank instead of my bike.
Found parking and made it back to the car before the meter ran out, then went to the store where Tommy had some sparkling cider waiting for me. Gotta have it for my holiday season! I shot the shit with some people, bought my cider, and then prepared to hit the road for the con...only to have the car NOT start. With ma and pops at the doctor's in the city where I needed to be, I hadda wait till after 5 for him to determine the battery terminals were filthy. He gave me a jump and I headed for home. Unfortunately, by the time i was able to start of the train I had missed it. Deciding it'd be too late by the time I got there I opted to just stay home. Pissed as hell I missed the first day AND the panel, though from what Rebecca told me online later I didn't miss too much since it was poorly promoted. Ah well.
The day continued to go downhill when I was talked into trying out this pizza place near where I catch the train that I always see this group of people outside eating at. I was with a couple co-workers and we all said what the hell based on one's recommendation. After reaching 36th street, though, it started to mess with my stomach big time. It wasn't even all that good, I've had better. I hadda go home 'cause I forgot my bank book so I drank some gingerale and took an ant-acid tablet before opting to just try my luck to find parking by taking the car to the bank instead of my bike.
Found parking and made it back to the car before the meter ran out, then went to the store where Tommy had some sparkling cider waiting for me. Gotta have it for my holiday season! I shot the shit with some people, bought my cider, and then prepared to hit the road for the con...only to have the car NOT start. With ma and pops at the doctor's in the city where I needed to be, I hadda wait till after 5 for him to determine the battery terminals were filthy. He gave me a jump and I headed for home. Unfortunately, by the time i was able to start of the train I had missed it. Deciding it'd be too late by the time I got there I opted to just stay home. Pissed as hell I missed the first day AND the panel, though from what Rebecca told me online later I didn't miss too much since it was poorly promoted. Ah well.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home