LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION!
Film day! The prof let us come in the period earlier so we would have time to film and then get on to editing during our regular period. Things didn't go as smoothly as I hoped.
First, I had trouble finding my costume from last year, but finally made good late into last night. Then I ended up getting to the school 10 minutes later than I planned, so there went that time there. Plus, my partner didn't have the gumption to go and get the camera so we could be ready to roll. Then they both took up a little time on their cell phones when we were ready to go on with a scene. So that took some precious minutes.
But in the end, we managed to get everything. My attempt at creating a dolly with his skateboard and some flat FedEx tubes came out a little shakier than I'd've liked, so I just free-styled it and they came out pretty good. I also had Amaryllis film one scene but being in such a rush I didn't adequately explain what she should do so the shot came out horrible. Basically we got in everything but one segment which he said he could film at home and splice in. So hopefully he does.
In editing period I picked and chose all our good shots and got them organized so we could just get on to editing next week. This project ended up more involved than I thought, but then what project do I do that doesn't?
First, I had trouble finding my costume from last year, but finally made good late into last night. Then I ended up getting to the school 10 minutes later than I planned, so there went that time there. Plus, my partner didn't have the gumption to go and get the camera so we could be ready to roll. Then they both took up a little time on their cell phones when we were ready to go on with a scene. So that took some precious minutes.
But in the end, we managed to get everything. My attempt at creating a dolly with his skateboard and some flat FedEx tubes came out a little shakier than I'd've liked, so I just free-styled it and they came out pretty good. I also had Amaryllis film one scene but being in such a rush I didn't adequately explain what she should do so the shot came out horrible. Basically we got in everything but one segment which he said he could film at home and splice in. So hopefully he does.
In editing period I picked and chose all our good shots and got them organized so we could just get on to editing next week. This project ended up more involved than I thought, but then what project do I do that doesn't?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home