Monday, April 02, 2007

RELATIONSHIP XOMBIE

Once upon a time, my stuff was accused of takin' over the house. 'Cause, ya know, it was like SO all over the place. Right. That's why jackets not mine are on my coat hook. Or my towel ends up half soaked when hangin' on the tub. Or one of my hats which is small, but still good, ends up under a car battery. The only ones who spread through the house like a cancer are those two dumbasses I live with. My shit is either in my room, or by my computer to be worked on. That's it.

Anyways, April Fools day came an' went. Had nobody to prank, an' fortunately nobody to prank on me. Sis did get off a good prank on her sis, though. That was priceless, an' totally set up months in advance! If I was smart, I woulda played one on sis sayin' I was gettin' back with the slut, but eh. It was Sunday. I don't function on Sundays.

Dimestore's been undergoin' server changes to handle the increased flow from Small Press Idol, so there wasn't a chat last week an' my articles are gonna be even further delayed. Hopefully the last one I did gets put up while still relevant. I tried my luck to see if the chat was workin' last night, an' yes it was. Had a few people, though not most of the usual Sunday crowd. Ah well, fun was still had by all until they all started discussin' small press stuff I knew nuttin' about.

I watched the episodes of Xombie I didn't see yet as well as read up about it on Wikipedia before tacklin' the advanced comic we got. Unfortunately, I was missin' a huge chunk of story thanks to the series runnin' into a novel which leads into the comic, but eh. Fortunately the writer/creator was smart enough to include the neccessary backstory in exposition. Overall, the comic was pretty good an' I may ask my shop to get it fer me next week. If you wanna check out my interview, head on over to 215ink.com an' show some love.

I spent most of today an' yesterday workin' on stuff fer my site. I wanna try to get ahead on it in case I get bogged down with the Fed Ex job. That, an' it was rainin' so no bikin' fer me. Dammit. I also built Wednesday's pages tonight so tomorrow all I'll hafta do is link 'em up. Nice to be ahead of the game. Although this weekend I'll need to focus on churnin' out scripts fer the CAG webcomic...they're due next week.

Now why is it whenever relationships come up in my convos, people tell me I should try some form of computer datin'? I mean, geeze, are we SO reliant on machines that that's our only option these days? An' who says I'm even seriously lookin'? Yeah, it'd be nice to have some companionship now an' again, but my life has been so much better single that I really don't wanna mess it up by havin' to add that kinda complication. Not to mention I'm gonna be workin' 2 jobs, with a ton of extra pro bono work, an' school now an' again...would I really have the time to give sufficient attention to a gal at this point? Probably not. Only so many hours in the day an' I'm probably gonna need most of 'em fer sleep. On top of that, I have met a few great gals I wouldn't've minded explorin' the option with, but alas, someone beat me there every time. So, whatever. It happens it happens, it don't it don't. It's li'l shit an' I ain't stressin' it.

An' I'm not lookin' to find someone over the computer again. Did that once, it was a disaster. I don't care that that's where I'm the most attractive an' it's easy fer me to get a gal's interest; there are some things I'd like to keep traditional fer a li'l while longer. Ya know, if I fail at that (which I most likely will) then I'll reconsider. Till then, I'm good as is. I don't even remember what it all felt like so it's not like I'm missin' anythin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home