Sunday, March 25, 2007

GET BENT

Went fer a bike ride today. Wind was finally blowin' the opposite direction fer a change, so I had a good ride back. However, the whole mood of the ride was hampered by the fact I discovered I somehow bent my rim. Again. So now I gotta take BOTH bikes to the shop to be worked on. Great. Dunno when the hell I'm gonna do that this week, especially since I need money fer train fare! Really hope this Fed Ex thing means I got the damn job...I could use the dough.

On the plus side, I did find a new hubcap near the bike path. Bonus! I gotta tell ya, ever since they fixed the place up there seem to've been a LOT more car wrecks along there. There are pieces of cars down most of the stretch between the pier an' bridge. Not to mention my hubcaps. Not a good sign. To retrieve it, I used the same stick I had last time (which was still where I left it, albeit less veritcal). I left it behind the fence where I grabbed the cap, so hopefully next time it'll still be there again.

D called me around 6 to tell me Nel'd be on his way after he popped home to eat. We all met up at 6:30 (with Sean in tow...ugh) but Nel was late. There was a line that bought him some time, but wasn't till after our turn he finally came saunterin' up the block. D bought his ticket, they made an exchange, an' we hurried to find our seat in the packed theater (one of many reasons why I go early). TMNT was good, felt just like the old movies. I hear folks say it's got the tone of the comics mixed in, so I'll take their word fer it. Hard to believe in a month (hopefully) I'll be goin' to TMNT central. We all split after.

Tomorrow should be eventful. Gotta go back to Leroy Street, fill out these things, then come back to Brooklyn to work the rest of the afternoon away. Hopefully their application process goes fast so I can shave a li'l time off my day, but I got a feelin' I'll be pullin' to 4 at least. Blah. I typed up a quickie li'l resumen in a style I feel works fer what I need, gonna load up my official transcript since I went through all the trouble to get it, an' one of my bank statements fer proof of address. Dunno how much physical info I need with me so I'll at least have all the bases covered. Fun times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home