Wednesday, March 21, 2007

COP ROT

Forgot the damn comic I was gonna exchange again. Hadda go all the way home then go all the way to the bank only to come back to the shop an' do my business. Redid my pull-list too, finally. Came home, did my readin' an' BSed basically. Tomorrow gonna hafta study fer my mideterm as I got a few hours before.

Social commentary time!

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a staunch supporter of the NYPD. I had ties to them an' I think like a cop. Hell, aside from the lack of a badge I am a freakin' cop. But, because I support them doesn't mean I turn a blind eye to the crap that goes around. We had 3 cops gettin' arraigned this week 'cause they tried to go above the law. These cops I don't support. I don't support people who pervert what the badge means, who take their authority an' become worse than the scum they fight against. But at the same time, I know that's not the entire NYPD...just those cops. This city, however, rarely makes the distinction.

When a cop does wrong, the entire department gets the blame. Meanwhile, with the FDNY, if a fireman does wrong only that fireman gets blamed an' the department is still regarded as the city's heroes. Hell, I don't even remember a negative story about firemen till January 2005! We had a couple firemen get busted in another city. Fer what, not sure, an' don't care. All I know is the department will come out smellin' like roses an' these guys will only pay the price. It doesn't matter what firemen do: steal from calls, drive stoned, crack people over the head with chairs, bring teenaged girls back to the station house fer some "fun"... The department doesn't get the blame. But a couple bad cops, an' the NYPD is shit. That's just wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home