RECOGNITION
Woo what an excitin' day! My "boss" over at 215 sends me an E-Mail today to tell me that the official Xombie press release includes a snippet from MY review! That's right, THE official press release has somethin' I wrote! (Is it wrong I'm more excited about this than I was about havin' two comic strips published?) Read! Read:
by: James Farr & Nate Lovett
The incredibly popular online animated series makes its jump into comic books! Dirge is an undead man with a mind of his own, who struggles to find the meaning of unlife -- all the while fighting to protect human lives from evil zombies! Don't miss this epic quest to save humanity!
HERE'S WHAT EVERYONE HAS BEEN SAYING ABOUT XOMBIE #1! -----
"I thought it was going to be just one more story of mindless flesh-eating art. I was wrong. I am completely hooked on this one. Give this title a chance. I think you will be pleasantly surprised." ~ComicsAlliance.com
"XOMBIE is an altogether different book than most zombie books around. The story is entertaining. The fast pace and quick action really helping this book stand out in today's decompression-palooza. We need more fun books - Xombie supplies that. The art is dynamic, exciting, and most importantly - fun! In conclusion, Xombie is a fun book. If you're tired of the dark, depressing books out today, or just want a little break from the death and suffering - Xombie is the book for you." ~SilverBulletComics.com
"Right off the bat, this is the most fun I've had reading a comic in a long time. There are parts of this book that are just flat out funny. Things start off at a fast pace and it's one long entertaining sprint to the end. Xombie Reanimated #1 is action-packed and innovative. It's a healthy mix of classic zombie movies like Re-Animator, Army of Darkness, and Lucio Fulci's Zombie. The artwork by Nate Lovett is eye-popping and loose. Characters come to life on the page. His visuals serve as the perfect complement to James Farr's tightly scripted scenes. This is a great first issue. 10 / 10" ~ComicAddiction.com
"The artwork captures the feeling of the flash series. And, as it's done by the creator of said series, there's no chance of it not maintaining the feel that made it such a hit on the internet. If you're a fan of the series, or just curious, definitely add this to your pull list." ~215ink.com (THIS IS ME!)
"The triumph of Xombie is that it can appeal to both young and older readers. The art and the young protagonist skews the tale to a younger audience while the action, post-zombie apocalypse setting and more philosophical connotations of life and duty make Xombie worthwhile material for an older audience." ~ComicReaders.com
Readin' these other reviews, I kinda wish I said what was said in the review above mine. That's all stuff I've said to Ben, who introduced me to the series a while ago. Took me a while to warm up to it, but won me over it has. Now I gotta go buy the damn novel from Amazon. Dammit! Like I didn't have enough crap to buy. The book comes out tomorrow, folks; if yer a comic reader an' readin' my blog, go pick it up. It's a helluva book.
Decided to share the news with Tina, which escallated into an extended convo. Love when that happens. We wrapped fer a bit, I learned about her dreams which I was not privy to before an' such. Good times. When the convo inevitably died down (happens, when she's on usually means she's doin' somethin') I headed out fer yet another bike ride. Wind wasn't so bad today, an' hell, even managed to snag a fallen highway sign. Dunno if I'm keepin' it, but was cool to grab. Fun bringin' it back too, I had it propped up over my handlebars restin' on my headlight an' my phone clip. Outside of big bumps, thing woulda stayed put.
I finished up the script I started yesterday, but my endin' fell a bit flat. The dialogue I chose to end it on didn't really fit good, so I'm tryin' to rework the last two panels an' dialogue. I opted to read the other preview comic we got instead an' now I gotta do a review on that. Maybe after my reviews tomorrow, which hopefully won't take me nearly as long as last week's massive load (especially since a few of the issues I'm gettin' aren't new). Gonna try my damnedest to finish up these scripts. 3 more days till I hafta hand 'em in, an' I only got two I can honestly present. Still waitin' on Bob to say somethin' about Wednesdays. Also, I think I may take an idea I had fer GTM an' turn in a strip fer that. Maybe give the cashiers their due somewhat. Ideas, ideas...I've got the ideas, just not the motivation to commit them to paper! Bad combo.
by: James Farr & Nate Lovett
The incredibly popular online animated series makes its jump into comic books! Dirge is an undead man with a mind of his own, who struggles to find the meaning of unlife -- all the while fighting to protect human lives from evil zombies! Don't miss this epic quest to save humanity!
HERE'S WHAT EVERYONE HAS BEEN SAYING ABOUT XOMBIE #1! -----
"I thought it was going to be just one more story of mindless flesh-eating art. I was wrong. I am completely hooked on this one. Give this title a chance. I think you will be pleasantly surprised." ~ComicsAlliance.com
"XOMBIE is an altogether different book than most zombie books around. The story is entertaining. The fast pace and quick action really helping this book stand out in today's decompression-palooza. We need more fun books - Xombie supplies that. The art is dynamic, exciting, and most importantly - fun! In conclusion, Xombie is a fun book. If you're tired of the dark, depressing books out today, or just want a little break from the death and suffering - Xombie is the book for you." ~SilverBulletComics.com
"Right off the bat, this is the most fun I've had reading a comic in a long time. There are parts of this book that are just flat out funny. Things start off at a fast pace and it's one long entertaining sprint to the end. Xombie Reanimated #1 is action-packed and innovative. It's a healthy mix of classic zombie movies like Re-Animator, Army of Darkness, and Lucio Fulci's Zombie. The artwork by Nate Lovett is eye-popping and loose. Characters come to life on the page. His visuals serve as the perfect complement to James Farr's tightly scripted scenes. This is a great first issue. 10 / 10" ~ComicAddiction.com
"The artwork captures the feeling of the flash series. And, as it's done by the creator of said series, there's no chance of it not maintaining the feel that made it such a hit on the internet. If you're a fan of the series, or just curious, definitely add this to your pull list." ~215ink.com (THIS IS ME!)
"The triumph of Xombie is that it can appeal to both young and older readers. The art and the young protagonist skews the tale to a younger audience while the action, post-zombie apocalypse setting and more philosophical connotations of life and duty make Xombie worthwhile material for an older audience." ~ComicReaders.com
Readin' these other reviews, I kinda wish I said what was said in the review above mine. That's all stuff I've said to Ben, who introduced me to the series a while ago. Took me a while to warm up to it, but won me over it has. Now I gotta go buy the damn novel from Amazon. Dammit! Like I didn't have enough crap to buy. The book comes out tomorrow, folks; if yer a comic reader an' readin' my blog, go pick it up. It's a helluva book.
Decided to share the news with Tina, which escallated into an extended convo. Love when that happens. We wrapped fer a bit, I learned about her dreams which I was not privy to before an' such. Good times. When the convo inevitably died down (happens, when she's on usually means she's doin' somethin') I headed out fer yet another bike ride. Wind wasn't so bad today, an' hell, even managed to snag a fallen highway sign. Dunno if I'm keepin' it, but was cool to grab. Fun bringin' it back too, I had it propped up over my handlebars restin' on my headlight an' my phone clip. Outside of big bumps, thing woulda stayed put.
I finished up the script I started yesterday, but my endin' fell a bit flat. The dialogue I chose to end it on didn't really fit good, so I'm tryin' to rework the last two panels an' dialogue. I opted to read the other preview comic we got instead an' now I gotta do a review on that. Maybe after my reviews tomorrow, which hopefully won't take me nearly as long as last week's massive load (especially since a few of the issues I'm gettin' aren't new). Gonna try my damnedest to finish up these scripts. 3 more days till I hafta hand 'em in, an' I only got two I can honestly present. Still waitin' on Bob to say somethin' about Wednesdays. Also, I think I may take an idea I had fer GTM an' turn in a strip fer that. Maybe give the cashiers their due somewhat. Ideas, ideas...I've got the ideas, just not the motivation to commit them to paper! Bad combo.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home