Wednesday, April 04, 2007

OVERTIME

Holy. Shit.

Today was one long-ass day. By the time I finally got settled an' down to some serious comic readin', it was already 4. Now, in case I haven't mentioned it before, I usually spend $120 on comics every two weeks. I split that up into $50 one week an' $70 the next (why do I do that instead of say 60/60 or 70/70? I dunno, actually. I believe that's all my individual budgets would allow, but if I get Fed Ex I plan to go 70/70. Anyways...). This week was my $70 week, which meant a huge stack of comics (in relative terms, a buck don't get ya what it used to). Now they never got one issue an' it woulda been too long a wait from the other store, so I bought a fill-in that caught my interest. I left with 30 comics. (In all fairness, 2 of them were Painkiller Jane #0, a short preview comic which was only 25 cents so I bought both covers). With 29 unique an' me skippin' one fer not readin' prior issues, that left me 28 books; an' two of them were larger than average size.

By the time I finished readin' an' started my reviews, it was already midnight. Yup, 8 hours of readin', an' I didn't finish the reviews until 2AM. I even skipped like 4 issues. So, yeah, that was a bit of a long day at the office.

Haven't heard back from Fidel on his re-interview yet. Gonna give it another week then gonna just give him a call to schedule somethin'. I should have his numbers in the phone. I'll E-Mail Mark with the update an' maybe request someone to do in the meantime just to keep things goin'. At least now I know the flaws of the system, bullshit like that won't happen again. Speak clear, speak loud.

The first day of wearin' the units wasn't a chore at all. They're light, an' ya barely notice 'em. Although, considerin' I had the TV on the whole time I was home I just wonder how in the hell ma got more points than I did. Blah, ah well. Just gonna hafta figger out how to maneuver it fer li'l things like bikin' an' stuff.

Bay Ridge is not doin' so good. It appears people've forgotten what borough they live in, with rents fer businesses bein' jacked up to 5 figures. The Pan Pizza Kitchen I found was closed up when I went to the bank, usin' a health code violation as an excuse to close an' not plannin' to reopen 'cause the landlord wants 10Gs. Thriftee, a thrift store an' a veritable institution around here, is closin' up it's doors 'cause the landlord wants 18G a year. My eye doc, who's been in his office fer as long as I can remember, was forced to move 'cause his landlord jacked up the rent. This ain't Manhattan, people. It's Brooklyn. It's not THE prime real estate that we can charge an arm an' a leg to live here. An' we definitely don't need all the banks. 86th street, there are THREE banks along 5th Avenue. THREE. We need places to MAKE money, not places to PUT money. Gettin' so only the rich can live in this city, an' they're bein' smart about oustin' us poor folk so we can't cause a stink an' rebel. An' people wonder why I wanna live upstate...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home