NEW FACES, NEW PLACES
Tonight's meetin' went off great. We got a new member who was at the last one an' officially joined in this one. Was a small crowd (probably all scared off by the threat of bein' filmed) but we had a lotta fun. Was just me, James, Rebecca (the newbie), Bob, Michele, Christian an' J. I passed out my scripts, to which James was taken aback by how many I did. A couple people took some home, I E-Mailed them to someone else an' promised her a couple more scripts in the horror genre which she digs. Other'n that, was business as usual. Also James an' others are tryin' to get us a classroom at the School of Visual Arts (of which a few of our members are alumni) fer our meetin's while MoCCA remodels. Should be an adventure.
First thing when I got up, I looked up places to eat around the area. Diners are apparently very scarce in the Village. They all decided on an option that was just past our usual place, Bully's, but it unfortunately turned out to be a take-out deli instead of the diner it was listed as. Stupid web searches. But, we recovered. We went to Dallas BBQ a few blocks away. My second time in my second one since May of last year, before my infamously bad weekend. But, it was a good choice. Food was great AND cheaper, an' we had even more fun, especially with me an' James' fake Yankees/Mets war.
After we all decided to hit a comic shop while J hadda head home. Frontrunners were St. Mark's an' Forbidden Planet, the latter eventually bein' chosen. Not a bad place at all. Much bigger than St. Mark's with tons of TPBs an' graphic novels, and, fortunately, my Xombie comic. James caught up with some friends who worked there with Bob eventually takin' his leave. Michele bought a trade of this comic she really dug while James an' Rebecca got themselves some dragon action figures. Christian was just along fer the ride. We got our stuff (me an' Rebecca takin' advantage of our respective school IDs fer 10% off...finally, college pays fer somethin'!) then decided to head on home. Got to know Rebecca a bit more on the platform as she lives in Brooklyn, but takes the Q. Was a rough go fer a while, but I eventually got her talkin' about her career an' stuff...which closely mirrored Tina but with less fulfilment.
Came home an' sent a message to Shawnti in CT. We talked about the MA trip an' Rebecca was interested in goin', so gonna hafta see if there's room fer her in Shawnti's van. Once I get a response to that I can send out all the info an' then we can finalize our meet-up plans with a meetin' time, the only thing missin' from our equation thus far. I also finally got around to my second advanced review of a 3-issue mini-series called Brave New World. It was a pretty good read, gave it a favorable review which I'll post the link to when it's up. Tomorrow's the auto show so gonna hafta get up early (ugh) so not gonna get too involved tonight.
Oh, yeah, an' I also got the new Ghost Rider video game on Monday. I beat it last night. Kinda sucked an' all the bigger bosses were easier than the mini-bosses. Kinda messed up there.
First thing when I got up, I looked up places to eat around the area. Diners are apparently very scarce in the Village. They all decided on an option that was just past our usual place, Bully's, but it unfortunately turned out to be a take-out deli instead of the diner it was listed as. Stupid web searches. But, we recovered. We went to Dallas BBQ a few blocks away. My second time in my second one since May of last year, before my infamously bad weekend. But, it was a good choice. Food was great AND cheaper, an' we had even more fun, especially with me an' James' fake Yankees/Mets war.
After we all decided to hit a comic shop while J hadda head home. Frontrunners were St. Mark's an' Forbidden Planet, the latter eventually bein' chosen. Not a bad place at all. Much bigger than St. Mark's with tons of TPBs an' graphic novels, and, fortunately, my Xombie comic. James caught up with some friends who worked there with Bob eventually takin' his leave. Michele bought a trade of this comic she really dug while James an' Rebecca got themselves some dragon action figures. Christian was just along fer the ride. We got our stuff (me an' Rebecca takin' advantage of our respective school IDs fer 10% off...finally, college pays fer somethin'!) then decided to head on home. Got to know Rebecca a bit more on the platform as she lives in Brooklyn, but takes the Q. Was a rough go fer a while, but I eventually got her talkin' about her career an' stuff...which closely mirrored Tina but with less fulfilment.
Came home an' sent a message to Shawnti in CT. We talked about the MA trip an' Rebecca was interested in goin', so gonna hafta see if there's room fer her in Shawnti's van. Once I get a response to that I can send out all the info an' then we can finalize our meet-up plans with a meetin' time, the only thing missin' from our equation thus far. I also finally got around to my second advanced review of a 3-issue mini-series called Brave New World. It was a pretty good read, gave it a favorable review which I'll post the link to when it's up. Tomorrow's the auto show so gonna hafta get up early (ugh) so not gonna get too involved tonight.
Oh, yeah, an' I also got the new Ghost Rider video game on Monday. I beat it last night. Kinda sucked an' all the bigger bosses were easier than the mini-bosses. Kinda messed up there.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home