Friday, January 26, 2007

FED EXED

It was damn cold today. Damn cold. So cold...I pulled my jacket sleeves down! Yeah, that's right. You heard me. I had my sleeves DOWN. Only the second time this century that's happened.

This mornin' I went out fer the Fed Ex test. Last night I figgered out I could save a lotta walkin' by transferrin' over to the D train. Unfortunately, damn trains didn't cooperate an' ran slow as shit. Oh, I made it on time alright...unfortunately, on time was too late as the test was already full. Seems their "limited seating" was sorely understated. Lots of people got turned away, an' I got blasted with blisterin' winds off the river fer nuttin'. To add to things, my MP3 battery decides to die an' I tried to change it on the way, which meant removin' my gloves in the cold. Apparently, the replacement battery I grabbed when I left was a rechargable with no charge on it. So I was music-less the ride home. Would be a couple hours later I'd get an E-Mail from Fed Ex again with 2 more test dates next month. Won't be able to scam another day off, so gonna just use one of my vacation days.

Got home an' just passed out in bed, feelin' incredibly tired. I got up, had lunch, sat on my comp an' futzed around. Nap apparently didn't help my ambition any as I just didn't wanna do anythin'. I eventually got to plottin' things in my head an' tracked down some old scripts to work off of. Gonna hafta seriously go through all my disks when I do my files; get them all in order.

Last night I had also recalled that my comic group is havin' another party at Twins Pub next month. That'd be the same place the Halloween party I went to was at. Was talkin' to Stacy at the time an' jokingly asked her if she'd be my "date." Jokingly 'cause gonna be a place filled with comic guys an' people, an' she ain't exactly either, with probably lots of comic-related talk. Figger she'd be bored. But, if she's free an' has money, she's interested in goin'. Alright, hopefully she'll have fun if she comes. This'd really be somethin' Amaryllis'd enjoy goin' to seein' as she likes an' wants to get more into comics, just a shame we didn't start talkin' regular sooner. Also, I wouldn't wanna give her BF any wrong ideas so I wouldn'ta asked anyways. I'm crazy, not stupid.

I still hafta schedule up my Waldbaum's reunion. Sent out preliminary inquiries a month ago but never followed up. I will, though. Just need to find a good place to have it. Danielle gave me one suggestion I'll look into. It's just a shame to guarantee these people showin' up I'll HAVE to do this in a bar, because god forbid anyone hangs out anyplace that's not a bar. And unfortunately, since I am the extreme minority, I have to resort to hangin' there WITH them or risk isolation. Fun, fun times. Ah well, just better watch how many Cokes I have or else risk more back pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home