Thursday, January 18, 2007

GETTING TO KNOW YOU

Scammed my day off. As expected, Jim asked me what kinda test I was takin'. Told him it was a proficiency exam, which it basically is. However, I never said it was fer school, so if he thinks that way that's not my fault an' means I didn't lie. So next Friday I'm off at the sacrifice of havin' to stay at work until 2. Ah well.

I got one out of three articles almost done. Tryin' to figger out my wrap-up an' what the point of it was outside of showin' off more of my knowledge of continuity. I'll wrap that up when I get home, then proceed to try an' figger out what I wanna do with my other two topics before gettin' back on some fiction work. If Bob's available tonight I'll ask him once an' fer all who I should send GTM to an' try to get it in the next available anthology. An' of course I got so wrapped up in my work an' chattin' I didn't realize how late it was an' missed puttin' the garbage out. Again. Ah well.

I got my next interview earlier this week, but haven't had a chance to research him or his current work yet, an' Mark tells me he works nights an' may be easier to reach by phone daytimes. I work daytime. So this one's gonna hafta get creative. Maybe durin' my lull I'll do a li'l homework on him an' get my questions ready at least. I think today I'll disable my messengers. Just fer today. Give me time to focus on my work.

Except fer AIM. I'm enjoyin' talkin' to Amaryllis too much. We think pretty closely an' we have a lot of the same interests an' goals so we got a lot to talk about. Hell, we had an entire conversation about Ecto-Cooler includin' how I identified the new name years ago but lost the credit to X-Entertainment, and endin' with her wantin' to buy the classic packagin' to collect an' the current version of the flavor to drink! Who else but me outside the Ghostbusters message boards would think like that? So yeah, it's hella cool. An' fer the relationship shippers in the group (you know who you are), nothing's gonna happen. A) Haven't even physically met her yet (been talks of a hangout, we'll see) an' B) she's got a BF. All I'm doin' is enjoyin' the convos fer as long as I can get 'em right now.

We also got our first decent snowfall of the year. However, it wasn't stickin' to the ground rather'n gettin' it wet, but it's the thought that counts I guess. Also watched last week's Smallville that I hadda record to hang with sis, an' then this week's new episode. All I hafta say is they were the best episodes this season! Which is unfortunate, 'cause next week's is probably gonna suck again. They need to stop with the teen drama bullshit an' get to some actual superheroin'. THAT'S when Smallville is at it's strongest. The writers can really handle it. The teen shit, bah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home