COMICUS INTERRUPTUS
One day a week, I like to take a few hours to read through my new comic stash. Why is it on that one day is when I get bombarded with messages an' people with problems? 7 days a week, you'd think statistically one of them other 6 days would get used. Ah well, gives me somethin' to read in the bathroom. Was a li'l tired an' not in much of a readin' mood anyways. Heh when am I NOT tired these days?
The chase scene fer my Dukes script is turnin' out to be a bitch. I got 5 pages left to fill but I can't really extend the chase more'n it is without it becomin' boring and dull. I may hafta re-evaluate some of my earlier pages an' shift some panels around. Trouble with me is when I do a "scene" change, I like to do it on the next page an' keep it all together. But considerin' all the dialogue I got goin' maybe it's a good idea to let the panels have more breathin' room so this way ya get a decent balance of art an' words. Gonna tackle it again tonight to see if I can't expand it organically first before doin' all that. If I really wanted to rush the story an' condense it to hell I could done both parts of the tale in one issue. But, I still believe in a li'l thing called pacing.
Saturday is my group meetin' in the city. Probably Friday night I'll spend assemblin' whatever of a portfolio I can whip up. I'm doin' all this work lately, may as well show it off. How I'm gonna put it all together's gonna be the bitch. I may just use the 3 ring binder I was usin' fer my old website artwork fer now. I'll throw in all the GBs from last year, GTM, my article an' Prospect Parks.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home