IN THE CAN
Alright, so I get out at 2 only to be held up by Dino's computer goin' haywire, so I stop to help there. I get changed an' realize I forgot the comic I was bringin' back to the shop to exchange. D'oh! So I sign my check an' slip it in my bank book, then proceed home to grab it an' stash the lunch ma ordered fer me 15 mins ago in the microwave. Decidin' to cut my time I grab my bike an' speed on to the bank to cash it. Then I head over to the shop where I get my comics an' add an extra one to my bag I didn't forsee. Nuttin' major. I head home to enjoy my soggy burger after 3 an' try to get my package from Ebay ready to go out. Label on the box is provin' too hard to remove, so I say forget it insteada rushin' 'cause ya never know what's acceptable with the damn post office in whatcha gotta black out. 'Rents told me an' I blacked out the rest, so we'll see if they'll take it as it is. I doubt it, but we'll see. I then proceeded to read my comics an' chat the day away.
Somewhere in all that I got my review an' article in the can. Waitin' on the head honcho at Fearsmag to get back to me to tell me about any changes (I'm sure the jokes I slipped in will hafta go, but they just flowed out so I'll try) so I can make 'em an' get it back to his standards. I tried to be fair yet objective, which was quite a task considerin' I know personally half the folks who worked on the book. That an' I'm just no good analyzin' stuff, but if I can BS an English essay I can BS a review.
All this script writin' has me desirin' to redo some of my classic tales an' get them updated an' makin' sense. Mystery Man I have a new endin' fer that's a bit bigger an' better than the original end done twice before, but dunno if it's TOO big considerin' the hero. Think I mighta gave him too powerful an arch rival, but ah well. The New York Heroes is pretty much situatated; what I did before holds up just fine today. The name? Probably not so much. Another name change is the Super Avengers, but right now I'm focusin' on the direction I wanna do with them. I can either go old school or I can try a new, grittier, more realistic approach that delves into the psyche of a hero. I may end up writin' both an' pickin' the best one. Silver Man...that one may be somethin' of a challenge. Especially with the Fantastic Four movie comin', gotta find ways to ensure he's distinguished from Silver Surfer as much as possible.
Hmm..
Somewhere in all that I got my review an' article in the can. Waitin' on the head honcho at Fearsmag to get back to me to tell me about any changes (I'm sure the jokes I slipped in will hafta go, but they just flowed out so I'll try) so I can make 'em an' get it back to his standards. I tried to be fair yet objective, which was quite a task considerin' I know personally half the folks who worked on the book. That an' I'm just no good analyzin' stuff, but if I can BS an English essay I can BS a review.
All this script writin' has me desirin' to redo some of my classic tales an' get them updated an' makin' sense. Mystery Man I have a new endin' fer that's a bit bigger an' better than the original end done twice before, but dunno if it's TOO big considerin' the hero. Think I mighta gave him too powerful an arch rival, but ah well. The New York Heroes is pretty much situatated; what I did before holds up just fine today. The name? Probably not so much. Another name change is the Super Avengers, but right now I'm focusin' on the direction I wanna do with them. I can either go old school or I can try a new, grittier, more realistic approach that delves into the psyche of a hero. I may end up writin' both an' pickin' the best one. Silver Man...that one may be somethin' of a challenge. Especially with the Fantastic Four movie comin', gotta find ways to ensure he's distinguished from Silver Surfer as much as possible.
Hmm..


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home