Friday, October 27, 2006

THE HAUNTING

Was gonna go look fer pants today, but said screw it. Costume's rag tag enough, a change of color won't help it none. Worry about that when I find th' red Converse...if I ever do. So I stayed home till D called me. Decided to have dinner at Anapoli before goin' to th' haunted house. I left at 7, stopped off fer some glue fer my mask, and STILL got there before he did. Go figger. I grabbed a table while his pops ran him his umbrella. There we talked about his trip and plans fer next summer. We finished with plenty of time left an' went up to Rite Aid so I could buy my Vicks inhaler fer th' night, then over to Carvel fer a cone. Headed to my place fer a pit stop and then he called car service and we went.

Place was an old public bath house down on Union. I guessed as much when I saw th' Men/Women signs over th' doors, web search confirmed it. Nice old buildin' it was. Sean had called us to say him and th' two girls were runnin' late in th' car, so we went inside to th' waitin' area to, well, wait. There they had themed memorabilia lined up on a wall, SAW III promo crap all around, an' were playin' old black and white horror flicks on a screen there. What's funny was I was tellin' D about this one movie I saw way back when I could never find th' name of, only to have a scene from that movie play on th' damn screen after. Figgers, just like th' radio. Th' others finally arrived (Sean and two gal pals of theirs) and with our tix we were able to just get on line to go in.

Was a short wait outside th' main area, and then a longer one INSIDE. Yeah, most of th' time was spent standin' on line in th' dark. Okay, so here's a rundown of what went down. First, ya had a guy jump out at yer group from th' curtain when it was yer turn to go in. He'd lead ya into a closed off room where he'll turn his light on under his face, turn it off and move, and then turn it on again, gettin' up in a different person's face (he had a slight BO that gave him away). Then we got led into a room that had th' scene of outside some girl's bedroom window. She went to bed, a guy came out from behind a bush, went inside and attacked her. Sean was makin' comments through all this, th' girls were just screamin'. She escaped an' led us to another room where she bailed through a "secret" hole and a wall started to close in on us. Sean tried to be a zero hero by pushin' back on th' wall. Ass.

Girls were screamin' an' forcin' me into a corner where th' attacker came in and tried to open a bookcase fer us to go through, but of course I was bein' crushed in th' way. We got led across a bridge where a spinnin' array of colors surrounded us till we entered a room with a long table an' a bloodied guy shufflin' cards. Said th' Queen got to follow him to th' next room. He dealt out 5 cards, we picked 'em, and of course I got th' Queen. Got led into th' next room where I was instructed to scream, so I made like I was bein' bloodily murdered. Led into th' next room where I was to hide in a cabinet, scare them, then lead 'em along. And that's just what I did. Lotta fun there.

We were goin' down a dark corridor till we got to a room that looked like a tomb. Above us, this guy was shovelin' dirt onto th' clear ceilin' above to simulate bein' buried alive. Door opened when he was done an' we were led into a room where th' girl from before was bein' cut open and eaten. Next was th' bug room...a long twistin' pitch black corridor with things fer cobwebs hangin' down. I didn't get to see th' only part that lit up 'cause th' girls kept stoppin' in fear. We finally found our way into a room with a strobe where a buncha dummies were lined up around, and of course guys kept poppin' out at us. Finally got to a jungle room where a dummy was launched at us and I hadda catch a girl as she fell back into me, not sure exactly who. We were led through one final door till we got confronted by th' ghost of th' girl who started this mess and a boiler about to explode.

That was th' end and we were led back out to th' waitin' area. I fumbled on my way to find th' hidden bathroom upstairs before we headed to a bar 'cause they all wanted to hang. Found a nice little place off Carrol street and 5th. Wasn't too crowded, nice atmosphere. Wouldn't mind goin' back there again, actually. Bad parts were Sean's mouth, that's about it. Me an' D, sittin' by one of th' games on th' wall, got challenged to photo hunt by this girl who was already smashed and her BF. We accepted an' played 3 games. She was lookin' fer a rematch, even more smashed than before, but we had called our car an' left before then. I even got a free Coke outta th' deal. Dunno if th' kid behind th' bar realized he gave it fer free as I paid their bill fer them at th' same time, but it's a good thing since it was so incredibly watered down. Blech.

Came home and now I'm eatin' White Castle that my pops bought fer his dinner, shockingly. Couldn't pass up a chance to eat it, no matter how late. Should get to bed soon as I got my doc appointment tomorrow. D's gonna see how his knee feels and lemme know if he's gonna come with me tomorrow night. Hope he does, wouldn't mind some company. So, overall, good night. I didn't get scared any (sucks knowin' what's gonna happen before it does sometimes...) but it was still an enjoyable time. I wouldn't mind another Friday night like this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home