Thursday, October 26, 2006

MY SPIDER SENSES ARE TINGLING!

Many years ago, I used to dress up every Halloween. Never did I use th' same costume twice, until I became th' Scarlet Spider. (Fer you non-comic geeks, that's th' ID of Spidey's clone). It was a real rag-tag suit. Red sweatshirt with a sleeveless blue one over it and a drawn off-center spider emblem, red hosery to act as tights, red socks, wool knit gloves with leatherish pads, a red lone-ranger type plastic mask an', of course, th' original Spidey webshooter toys that shot silly string. Yeah, it was ghetto.

Th' next time I wore it, th' mask was upgraded to a closer version of th' comics, except in order to see through th' eyes hadda use black fabric instead of white. Th' year after that, th' panty hose finally gave in to all my "acrobatics", so I got me a pair of red sweat pants. Unfortunately, th' pants, shirt and mask were all different shades so kinda killed part of th' illusion, but still looked good. After th' last time I wore th' costume, th' mask was fallin' apart a bit and my gloves gave out. And then th' Scarlet Spider was retired.

Today after work, I headed up 5th to try an' find replacement parts. Stopped in this costume shop where I bought a pair of Spidey gloves and these spandex-type ballroom gloves. Went to Modelle's on 86th to see if I can find anythin' there, but th' only decent red stuff was shirts, which I didn't need. No place along th' way had decent pants except fer Thriftee. I stopped by a sewin' place fer some velcro fer my mask and then Thriftee fer th' pants I saw. I finally found my mask in my gma's apartment where I had moved it and tried on my new costume (after cuttin' down th' gloves a bit...one thing to wear ladies accessories, it's another to have them LOOK like ladies accessories). Costume's lookin' good. Just gotta fix up th' mask and see if I can't find better pants 'cause ones I bought were just too tight. Damn my muscular development!

I stayed home from school with th' intent to clean, but D called to tell me Nel had a test Sat so we're gonna hafta push it yet again to next weekend. Fine by me. Gives me a chance to finish my study sheet an' study fer my own test Mon. He also told me that one of th' people he forgot to mention comin' to this haunted house thing tomorrow wasn't comin'. Unfortunately, I dunno a single replacement that's either in this state or available, so looks like we're stuck with an extra ticket. I worked on my website stuff to bring in to work tomorrow and chatted, an' that was pretty much my night.

One other thing; Deb got me to join Facebook. I had tried to join before so I could see pictures of some people, but when I did ya hadda have yer school E-Mail, which I don't have. Now they'll let anyone join so join I did! Don'tcha just hate when other people grow up decent but ya still look th' same? Yeah, that's me. Face's thinner but otherwise I look th' damn same. Speakin' of school E-Mails, in order to do somethin' fer psych class I need to get into my school EM. Well, I gotta pass by an office to get my password again 'cause I ain't got it. Stupid crap. Th' hell can't they put YER EM on file? Ya give it to 'em enough!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home