Saturday, October 28, 2006

COMIC PARTY

Got up early fer th' eye doc and ended up havin' to wait a while as there were lots of patients before me. Yeesh. I did get my field of vision test right away, so that was good. They added a lense to th' whole thing, dunno why but whatever. Eventually was my turn to go in, and yes folks; gloucoma free. My theory of those problems bein' related to th' stress form my last job've been basically proven right. Since I left it's all been normal. Well, normal fer me, anyways.

Got home an' put th' last touches on my costume: velcro on my mask to attach it to my shirt. Fer some reason, th' holes that were a problem seemed to have disappeared, so I didn't need th' glue. Weird. After that hadda help wrangle Figaro to get him to th' vets. Earlier this week he was constipated, so he hadda go in fer his second check-up as he was still constipated after th' first. Or so they thought. Turns out he musta done somethin' before he was caught 'cause he was "empty", to quote th' doc. Ah well.

Left fer th' party around 6, got there just before 7. Couldn't wear my full costume thanks to terrorists, so I put on th' accessories a block and a half from th' bar. Got a fairly good response outside and in, but then came th' revelation: nobody came in costume! Only a handful of people; ya had me, th' head guy Kieth who was supposed to be V from V For Vendetta but failure to aquire a mask ended up gettin' him dubbed to be a gay pirate, a guy callin' himself th' Drunk Lantern, a guy in office clothes and a Dr. Doom mask callin' himself Disco Doom, Clark Kent transformin' to Superman, one of th' live performers wearin' a mechanic's uniform fer one of the Star Wars Imperial ships, this chick who dressed up like a dominatrix witch, a chick as Adam Ant, an Asian as Austin Powers, and a couple random people in masks and generic costumes. There was a costume contest, which I promptly lost.

Party started off slow, but picked up big time. I met some new people, remet some old people, met people I talked to but didn't meet yet...whole lotta meetin'. Had some good convos and bought a couple of th' displayed comics. After th' costume contest (which I lost) I ditched th' costume fer my street clothes I brought as it was gettin' WAY too hot up there. Party died down around 11 as intended and th' place started to be cleared out. On my way out I helped th' DJ bring some stuff down then headed fer th' train. So yeah, was fun. Circulated, got more interviews set up, shot th' shit with people in my field. And I'll say this, some pretty girls were there. Unfortunately, all of them were with some guy. Why is it I can never meet a comic chick BEFORE she's taken? Ah well.

Overall had some fun. Can't wait till I have some work I can actually TALK about with these guys instead of my piddly web stuff that nobody even reads. Didn't eat till I got home. Was food there, but was in costume most of th' time and then was too hot to be hungry. Eventually I had a couple buffalo wings, but about it. Did get two Cokes..tried to keep it so I wouldn't hafta go to th' bathroom often as it's a bitch to get in and outta costume. Fortunately, only hadda do it once. Go me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home