Sunday, September 17, 2006

EVERYBODY WAS FINAL FIGHTIN'...

Ya know what sucks about a memory like mine? Th' memories haunt ya somethin' fierce. And it's not always bad memories...it's all th' good ones of times that ended far too soon. And it's not like I consciously think about these things; it's that I have far too many triggers. All it takes is so much as one word to access a memory where that word was used. Doesn't happen all th' time, but often enough.

This weekend was kinda wasted. I gave up scriptin' an' just went right into writin' my story. I'm considerin' makin' a sing past th' neighborhood in Greenpoint I'm usin' just to get a feel fer it. Dunno when I'm gonna do that since I got school an' this hasta be out next Wed. Maybe Friday...

I made an order with Amazon tonight. Forgotten NY, a site I frequent, is puttin' out a book based on th' stuff th' dude has found an' wrote about. So, to show my support fer a fellow NY enthusiast an' that site, I pre-ordered my copy 2 weeks in advance. I also pre-ordered th' re-release of th' Army of Darkness adaptation. What really sparked this was when, on a lark, I was lookin' up a game I used to play upsate (Final Fight) I discovered they had released a perfect emulation of th' arcade on a compilation last year...an' Amazon only had 3 left. So I made my order. See, th' console translations of th' game had various things censored (apparently beatin' up on gang banger women is wrong, especially if they wear uber skimpy clothes), one character missin' and an entire level taken out.

I never actually beat th' game, but I came damn close one time many hours an' a lotta quarters later. Was on my last quarter, doin' really, really good, until this slow kid upstate messed around with my controls an' I was killed off. Yeah, I blew my stack on that one. Made it up to th' kid later, but goddamn! I almost had it! BTW, I say kid in terms of his bein' younger'n me at th' time, not that it was a kid kid. Even if he was, I was more tollerant of them back then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home