SNOWED
So it snowed all night an' all day, givin' us a huge pile-up. Ma wanted a pathway dug out, an' me without no water proof shoes. I had tried to get some boots last year, but they were too big an' we hadda send 'em back. Never got around to tryin' again. So I had ma place an order while I showered an' dressed to get to work.
Got out my black jacket, borrowed my pops' shades, got my wool cap an' gloves, an' used these rubber boots pops had downstairs. High things, did th' trick alright. An' now, th' fun part. Once again, goin' to use th' snow blower was futile. Damn rip cord ripped out...AGAIN. Sooooo, I hadda shovel by hand. An' with my back an' my current shortness of breath, that ain't no easy feat.
Did th' walk an' half th' stairs, relied on th' salt to do th' rest. That's when I found a phone on th' sidewalk. Musta unearthed it with my shovelin'. So picked it up an' brought it in. Struggled gettin' th' boots off (ended up havin' to take off my shoes with 'em then retrievin' 'em) then went upstairs. Surfed through th' phone book a couple times to find a number to call to reach th' owner.
Tried one, but th' volume came out kinda low so I thought it was a lost cause. But then got a call in an' was able to let th' girl's best friend know an' she had her call her phone. That's when I realized one of th' numbers was marked "Mi Casa", or my home. I missed it amongst all th' nicknames. Ah well. She came with a guy, probably her pops, 2 minutes after her second call so I'm assumin' she lives somewhere behind me. Gave her th' phone an' that was that.
Wifey came on with some lukewarm news. Apparently, her bosses love her enough to wanna send her to a store openin' to train th' employees there. Unfortunately, that means our next weekend's been delayed. Par fer th' course there, so didn't bother me a bit. Happy she's doin' well. Got to show her some pics I took of alla th' snow an' actually got to enjoy her fer a considerable amount of time finally. Yay.
Got out my black jacket, borrowed my pops' shades, got my wool cap an' gloves, an' used these rubber boots pops had downstairs. High things, did th' trick alright. An' now, th' fun part. Once again, goin' to use th' snow blower was futile. Damn rip cord ripped out...AGAIN. Sooooo, I hadda shovel by hand. An' with my back an' my current shortness of breath, that ain't no easy feat.
Did th' walk an' half th' stairs, relied on th' salt to do th' rest. That's when I found a phone on th' sidewalk. Musta unearthed it with my shovelin'. So picked it up an' brought it in. Struggled gettin' th' boots off (ended up havin' to take off my shoes with 'em then retrievin' 'em) then went upstairs. Surfed through th' phone book a couple times to find a number to call to reach th' owner.
Tried one, but th' volume came out kinda low so I thought it was a lost cause. But then got a call in an' was able to let th' girl's best friend know an' she had her call her phone. That's when I realized one of th' numbers was marked "Mi Casa", or my home. I missed it amongst all th' nicknames. Ah well. She came with a guy, probably her pops, 2 minutes after her second call so I'm assumin' she lives somewhere behind me. Gave her th' phone an' that was that.
Wifey came on with some lukewarm news. Apparently, her bosses love her enough to wanna send her to a store openin' to train th' employees there. Unfortunately, that means our next weekend's been delayed. Par fer th' course there, so didn't bother me a bit. Happy she's doin' well. Got to show her some pics I took of alla th' snow an' actually got to enjoy her fer a considerable amount of time finally. Yay.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home