Saturday, February 18, 2006

MUSEUM

So one of our WS projects is to go to 2 events, a museum an' a show, an' write about them in relation to WS. On th' list of museums she gave was th' Darwin exibit at th' Natural History Museum. How th' hell that fits in to WS...well, I asked but I STILL don't get it.

I had asked D to come with me, but he never got back to me so I went alone. Got up a li'l late but got there with plenty of time. Stopped off at City Hall to head over to th' firehouse an' takes those pics fer Seb. Unfortunately, it had gotten progressively colder so my hands ended up freezin'...was a mite underdressed. I also took th' Kodak since it was slimmer an' I couldn't carry a bag to th' museum...an' it's batteries decided to go down. Dammit.

Caught th' C on Canal an' headed up. Based on surfin' their site, they had "suggested" donations listed. So much fer that...cost me $16 to get in. Girl tried to sell me another ticket package but all I needed was Darwin. Unfortunately, it's a spaced-release thing so I hadda wait till 2:30 to go see it. Ah well. I explored a bit (not much changed since I last went with Charlie) but there was still some cool stuff.

Eventually, th' smell of hot dogs started to make me hungry, so I headed down to th' food court an' have some brunch. Unfortunately, $6 wasn't gonna be enough to get me anythin' decent. Th' prices were WAY too high on th' dumbest shit. So I said screw it an' headed outside to th' nearest hot dog cart. Sure, I paid a buck extra since it's located near an attraction, but at least I know it's guaranteed to be good. Ate an' went back in. Headed to th' room with th' big whale, which was th' crowded I've ever seen it, before realizin' I hadda get. Followed th' map to Darwin...th' EXIT of Darwin. So I hadda backtrack an' head all th' way around to th' entrance.

Short wait, an' I was in. Basically it was things from his life an' studies, as well as displays of animals he examined. In short, nothin' I couldn'ta looked up online. Shortly after I headed fer th' train to head home. Caught th' N at Times Square an' it was pretty full (as was Times Square...I HATE goin' through there!). At one station, this guy an' lady got on an' th' lady plopped right down in th' seat between me an' this girl. I mean PLOPPED. Then she kept hittin' me with her arm an' jostlin' 'cause she couldn't keep her other arm still. Then, when she got up, she pushed my arm outta her way. Like, hello? Person sittin' here! Ya don't do that shit! I just wanted to belt her. Rude bitch.

Got home an' had th' last of our hot dogs an' sent Seb his pics. Then I proceeded to bum th' rest of th' day an' work on my site stuff. Wifey came on pretty late an' we talked fer a bit, but she passed out on me as usual. Ah well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home