Sunday, December 20, 2009

SNOW FROLIC

Last year, I got the idea too late to get the gang together to go see the Dyker Heights lights. This year, I once again almost missed it but managed to recover and secure everyone for tonight. Got D, sis, Tina and the addition of Jessica.

For those who don't know, Dyker is the area of Brooklyn lousy with mansions, and every year they REALLY do it up with the lights and Christmas displays. You non-NYers can Google it to see some examples for yourself. A fun time was had by all, except some parts by the driver who had trouble navigating past morons in the snow-covered streets. But, that was minor.

At one point, Tina had us stop by this snowman on one street so we could all take our picture by it. It was nuts; four of us would pose, one would take the picture, then we'd all swap out the photographer. What was also crazy was that the snowman had TWO faces; one towards the street and one towards the sidewalk. Although, I think that same block always does a snowman like that. I recall seeing one like that before in that area years ago when snow during winter was a NORMAL thing.

After, we hit the Vegas Diner for some dinner and chatting before heading our own ways. I dropped off Jessica and Tina, took April home, then went with D to Best Buy to pick up the last of my Xmas presents (a moment of inspiration and an Amazon order this morning took care of the rest). Those being two gift cards, one for him and one for Liz. I told him just get me the Iron Man game I pulled out of the discount bins they had set up. But, the little sneak went and got me the Where's Waldo? game for DS I got a little excited over. He said it was gonna be for his sister, but I knew he was full of it. For Xmas Eve, in lieu of opening presents we'll make up for the movie night that was missed.

The only thing that really marred today was the fact my back was killing me. Our snowblower needs to be fixed yet, so they got this little BS thing. It's decent enough, but couldn't really handle the amount of snow that hadda be dealt with. So, basically, the constant back and forth motion and the fact I needed to do some shoveling to help it along killed me. Damn old age...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home