SANTA CON
Today was our delayed MoCCA meeting, which ended up SEVERELY under-attended when compared to last month. I guess the tease of the last time mixed with the holidays took its toll. Well, that worked out fine. We had a quick meeting and were able to get on over to the museum to enjoy the Archie exhibit; which was pretty cool. Basically you followed Archie's evolution through the decades, got to see some of the merchandise that came out, and they even had episodes of the old cartoon playing. The cartoons, by the way, kinda sucked. I know it was the 60s and I recognized most of the voice actors from the numerous other cartoons, but geeze, they coulda done SOME better casting. Veronica isn't southern!
Welson met us at the museum just as we were ready to leave. We all went over to St. Mark's again to hang and browse while I picked up a variant cover to a Ghostbusters one-shot that came out this week.
One odd note for today was the discovery of Santa Con. Apparently, there's a group of people who dress up as Santa in everything from traditional to the totally bizarre and walk around the Village. We saw Santas, female Santas, elves, reindeer...the works. That was rather...unique.
Welson met us at the museum just as we were ready to leave. We all went over to St. Mark's again to hang and browse while I picked up a variant cover to a Ghostbusters one-shot that came out this week.
One odd note for today was the discovery of Santa Con. Apparently, there's a group of people who dress up as Santa in everything from traditional to the totally bizarre and walk around the Village. We saw Santas, female Santas, elves, reindeer...the works. That was rather...unique.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home