CON AWAY!
So the answer to the question of why my rolling suitcase kept flopping to one side on Thursday is that one of the wheels ripped off of the fabric and can't sustain weight. And weight is definitely what I had after loading my comics into the thing. After cabbing it to the con, I opted to take Rob up on his offer to drive me home with Michele. So since I was now getting door-to-door service, I decided to raid the 25 cent bins I found for the second time to pick up some books I put back. Boy, am I glad I did. Last night I had talked to Walt Simonson about never being able to find the Frog-Thor issues, and what do I find? ALL THREE BOOKS! I grabbed them and the duplicates and went over to Walt's table to have them signed. I just thought that was wicked cool. I LOVE DISCOUNT BINS!
Of course the adventure began after we left the show. We had stopped off just north of Hartford at a rest stop, and Rob left his keys in the car. So we were there waiting until he signed up as part of his wife's AAA plan so they would send out a truck to pry it open. Truck got there pretty quick after the fact, considering, and after some finagling he got us back in. But, thanks to that, we were running real late what with some traffic slow-downs. Michele's house took forever to find and by the time I got home it was midnight. Keep in mind I still needed to eat and I had to be up at 4 for work.
At the end of it all, that rolling bag had to be thrown out. I apparently ripped a hole in it dragging it around town. Oops.
Of course the adventure began after we left the show. We had stopped off just north of Hartford at a rest stop, and Rob left his keys in the car. So we were there waiting until he signed up as part of his wife's AAA plan so they would send out a truck to pry it open. Truck got there pretty quick after the fact, considering, and after some finagling he got us back in. But, thanks to that, we were running real late what with some traffic slow-downs. Michele's house took forever to find and by the time I got home it was midnight. Keep in mind I still needed to eat and I had to be up at 4 for work.
At the end of it all, that rolling bag had to be thrown out. I apparently ripped a hole in it dragging it around town. Oops.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home