SNOW PARTY
I had planned to go to the CAG holiday party tonight with a full van of people. One got sick, one's wife got sick, one never wrote back, and the other bailed for fear of the impending snow. So ended up just me, Alex, Yadira and James (whose ride also bailed for the snow). Despite the GPS getting me slightly lost for the highway AGAIN (stupid Bronx overpasses) we had a fairly good ride and got there quickly.
This was the first time any of us had been to the new CT chapter meeting place, the Green Street Art Center. Nice little place, mostly for kids, though...at least the part we were in. We had fun. They did their little Yankee Swap, I caught up with some people to handle some business. I'll admit, though, that after yesterday the spread here seemed kinda...lacking. But, what can ya do.
After everyone went home, we went with Keith and the Soares to a nearby pub for a couple drinks (and a very nasty burger had by me) and some more talking. I got to play some darts, something I hadn't done since my Poughkeepsie days. We called it quits a little after 5 and headed for home.
By the time we got back to the Bronx the snow had started. My 4-wheel dream handled it perfectly. Can't say the same for the five idiots I saw in various accidents on my way home. One even got spun around all the way! Crazy how stupid people can be.
This was the first time any of us had been to the new CT chapter meeting place, the Green Street Art Center. Nice little place, mostly for kids, though...at least the part we were in. We had fun. They did their little Yankee Swap, I caught up with some people to handle some business. I'll admit, though, that after yesterday the spread here seemed kinda...lacking. But, what can ya do.
After everyone went home, we went with Keith and the Soares to a nearby pub for a couple drinks (and a very nasty burger had by me) and some more talking. I got to play some darts, something I hadn't done since my Poughkeepsie days. We called it quits a little after 5 and headed for home.
By the time we got back to the Bronx the snow had started. My 4-wheel dream handled it perfectly. Can't say the same for the five idiots I saw in various accidents on my way home. One even got spun around all the way! Crazy how stupid people can be.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home