Saturday, December 13, 2008

MEETING DAY

I had planned to keep my Marvel appointment a closely guarded secret until I signed the paperwork and made it all final, but Bob spilled the beans at the meeting along with his own appointment. So now, I just tell anyone who cares.

The meeting was large, as it normally is, made so by the presence of some MA and CT members, including Liz. Ran through our usual routine, covered all the important stuff, and even got three new members out of the deal. However, having new members was ill-timed thanks to Mark announcing he and Keith are splitting from working together. Nothing bad or malicious, just going in different directions with their own projects while still working together if they so desire. While it wasn't anything BAD, I just didn't think we needed new members to hear that at their first meeting. Bad message to send day 1, but what can ya do. Hopefully, they took it the way it was intended to be taken.

Lunch was a little tighter than usual. The diner we go to is under renovations and they closed off the entire back section where we usually eat, so we had to take a corner of the main diner and populate several tables. Most of the members left, including Sue, Hector, Everett and Joe as their wheelchair access was MIA and Keith wanted to check out some locations for the holiday party anyway. I sat with Liz and Alex, all of us ended up split from the group by a table, but we had some fun.

Everyone opted out of seeing the Punisher (thankfully!), which was fine as Liz wanted me to show her this anime place in the city. She looked around for a bit and commented that they were seriously overpriced. Not surprising, it IS New York. We headed next for the Best Buy closest to Grand Central so she could pick up a gift for a friend, as well as her own copies of two of the Jeff Dunham specials. I kinda got her hooked last November when I showed her the Achmed clip on Youtube.

I was attempting to do some Xmas shopping online tonight. This year has been a mix of ease and difficulty. The few friends and associates I got stuff for were easy. but I've no clue what to get my 'rents. Ebay and Amazon have been a boon this year, and I've also decided to try out those American Express gift cards for a change of pace. If they work out well, I may do some more next year. But, we shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home