Tuesday, December 09, 2008

MARVELOUS?

I decided to start carting my comics with me to work so I can read them on the train back. I was able to read 3 1/2 by the time I reached home. At that pace, I can get through the last remaining recent backissue pile and start chipping away at the backissue pile. Decided to wrap up Wonder Woman first, and gotta say, I'm not really digging it all that much. They've got WW trying to acclimate herself to our world, but the problem is how long has she been with the Justice League? Been off that island for just as long too, so what's the point?

A couple of our Spiderfan cohorts do work for Marvel, mostly on the Handbooks that came out. Apparently, Marvel is bringing back the old index books which chronicle all the issues of a given series, and Bob has been tapped to help out. Seeing all the work involved, he decided to try and get me a gig in that. He sent me all the guidelines and demos, and I banged out an old Spidey issue I had handy as a sample. I sent it off to our guy, and he's gonna theoretically pass it on to the leader on the project to see if they can use me. What would that mean? Well, not only would I be freelancing for Marvel Comics, but actually getting PAID to write. Okay, yeah, it's not the kinda writing I wanna do, but gotta start somewhere. Plus, it's very similar to how I've been running the Comicguide all these years, so practice I've got a-plenty. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home