Wednesday, December 24, 2008

CHRISTMAS EVE

This morning was treacherous. The streets and sidewalks were all covered with a thin sheen of ice, making them slippery as all hell. You'd think you were stepping on just rain-soaked ground, but nope...ICE! Crazy, man.

Late freight meant I was shuttling once again, but this time I made sure I was out at a reasonable time. I got the same routes but took their keys to walk the packages over to the trucks themselves. A lack of parking extended my time some, as well as getting stuck with a package that belonged to someone else, but I amanged to make it back and get out my normal time.

The plan was to do some work on my article and the Index as well as wrapping some gifts, the last of which arrived today luckily. However, I ended up taking several cat-naps over the course of the day. I didn't do any serious wrapping until somewhere around 3:30 AM in the front room while watching A Christmas Story for the 3rd or 4th time. TC and Fuzzy got in my way when I was doing Pops', being his was so large. I laid it down on the floor on the paper and was measuring the top half so I could see where to cut it, and both of them got under it as I was doing. Nuts.

I wrapped D's first so I could go over to his place as we usually do. However, this time the exchange was one-sided as his gift for me hadn't arrived yet. Ah well, he can give it to me when I come over to play video games while he's laid up from his next knee surgery on the other knee. We talked for a bit and watched A Christmas Story (something we haven't done for a couple years 'cause he got sick of it).

Another tradition also bit the dust as ma had us watch It's A Wonderful Life on NBC isntead of catching A Christmas Story when the marathon started. I like to leave the movie on the full 24 hours, not touching the dial, but was not to be this time. At least I saw it several times today, and I'm sure I will several more tomorrow. Great freakin' movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home