OH, MONDAY...
It wouldn't be Monday if things didn't go wrong.
So we got this new thing where they need to check to make sure we scanned all our packages for delivery before we get to come back in. That means waiting for someone to print out the report then tell us where we stand. Well, as most of my regular readers know by now I don't get much time to fuck around on Monday due to my coming in earlier. It took until 11 to find out I was missing a package. I went to my stop to look for it, mail dude didn't have it. Checked Rory's truck to make sure I didn't keep a scan on a package he took. Nope. Went back up to double-check, then played a hunch and sure enough it was amidst their empty box trash having fallen off my cart. And, of course, there's traffic gallore especially by the hospital. If it wasn't for a couple morons I would have JUST made it on time. But, nope. I ended up 10 minutes late and with a break violation. They better work the kinks out of this system, I'm telling ya.
Had to pick sis up from the airport since her pops had died suddenly yesterday. This was my first time driving there, so of course my 'rents were full of advice and what not and making everything sound even more complicated than it actually was. All I needed to do was exactly what I planned to do: follow the goddamn signs. If I HAD listened to them, I'd be somewhere in Woodside right now. Anyways, I got her and we headed for the Island. Stopped off to have a bite at her sister's favorite diner (which was alright, not as good as, say, Players) and then took her home. They changed the street patters in her hood so we ended up going the roundabout way, and I noticed how the section of the neighborhood we were in looked a helluva like where we parked in South Congress. One story shanty houses looking probably worse than they really were whose ratty lawns extended all the way to the street with nary a sidewalk in sight. Wild.
When I dropped her off I was invited in, but declined as this is really a family moment now. And while I consider her family, I know it's not so. Next I'll see her or them is at the wake on Thursday.
So we got this new thing where they need to check to make sure we scanned all our packages for delivery before we get to come back in. That means waiting for someone to print out the report then tell us where we stand. Well, as most of my regular readers know by now I don't get much time to fuck around on Monday due to my coming in earlier. It took until 11 to find out I was missing a package. I went to my stop to look for it, mail dude didn't have it. Checked Rory's truck to make sure I didn't keep a scan on a package he took. Nope. Went back up to double-check, then played a hunch and sure enough it was amidst their empty box trash having fallen off my cart. And, of course, there's traffic gallore especially by the hospital. If it wasn't for a couple morons I would have JUST made it on time. But, nope. I ended up 10 minutes late and with a break violation. They better work the kinks out of this system, I'm telling ya.
Had to pick sis up from the airport since her pops had died suddenly yesterday. This was my first time driving there, so of course my 'rents were full of advice and what not and making everything sound even more complicated than it actually was. All I needed to do was exactly what I planned to do: follow the goddamn signs. If I HAD listened to them, I'd be somewhere in Woodside right now. Anyways, I got her and we headed for the Island. Stopped off to have a bite at her sister's favorite diner (which was alright, not as good as, say, Players) and then took her home. They changed the street patters in her hood so we ended up going the roundabout way, and I noticed how the section of the neighborhood we were in looked a helluva like where we parked in South Congress. One story shanty houses looking probably worse than they really were whose ratty lawns extended all the way to the street with nary a sidewalk in sight. Wild.
When I dropped her off I was invited in, but declined as this is really a family moment now. And while I consider her family, I know it's not so. Next I'll see her or them is at the wake on Thursday.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home