FAR AWAY
Y'know, the other day I flipped through a Daily News ma had lying around about Spitzer's call girl, and was a little annoyed over how she's being played out in this whole drama. I mean, she's now gonna be raking in a ton of money for being an effin whore. And what really gets me is how her family is all supportive of her during this thing. Yeah, that's a ton of bull...unless they LIKE their daughter being a goddamn hooker. We're just a teeeeeeeeeeensie bit backwards in this country, I tells ya.
Thanks to my closed stops, I was forced to take four off of Carlos. I had a brain fart as I didn't recall ever going to that building before, but eventually it came back to me that it was a building I wasn't allowed up in my training days because of my lack of uniform and ID when we were on 34th street. D'oh. But, it was still a pain in the ass because it was 2 blocks away from my usual delivery area. So I had to load my handcart up with all the boxes, two of which were heavy and throwing off the balance, and it was windy as hell along the way so getting there was quite an adventure. Then I had to figure out the elevator system which wasn't a half and half deal like my building, but rather an odd and even situation made confusing by the fact an even elevator picked me up on 21. And let's top that off with TWO of the goddamn stops were CLOSED. Argh. Now the additional problem was I still had one stop of my own that didn't open till 10, so I was doing that in the meantime. That meant I had to rush back to my truck to drop off those boxes, grab the last one, and head on up to deliver it.
I made it, luckily. Pretty good considering I was also dealing with a guy I've never seen before on the elevator in my building which meant I had to go and retrieve all of my own equipment for once. I got back and had to do the checkout room again before heading home. If this is a permanent thing, then I'll be doing 6 hours every day from now on...which is a nice chunk of change. Especially since last week we got our raises, which ended up being 56 cents for me.
Of course I didn't get to do everything I planned on tonight as I ended up taking an impromptu nap again. But, I did get a few things at least. I was bored as hell the whole time, though, as NOBODY was on. I did talk to Rebecca some, and she told me that tomorrow there's a huge pillow fight in Union Square. Too bad I didn't know about that sooner 'cause it sounded like fun. Ah well. I already planned to do some cleaning so I have a better shot of letting Liz stay over for the con. All these CAGers offered me a place to stay for other cons, just trying to pay it forward.
Thanks to my closed stops, I was forced to take four off of Carlos. I had a brain fart as I didn't recall ever going to that building before, but eventually it came back to me that it was a building I wasn't allowed up in my training days because of my lack of uniform and ID when we were on 34th street. D'oh. But, it was still a pain in the ass because it was 2 blocks away from my usual delivery area. So I had to load my handcart up with all the boxes, two of which were heavy and throwing off the balance, and it was windy as hell along the way so getting there was quite an adventure. Then I had to figure out the elevator system which wasn't a half and half deal like my building, but rather an odd and even situation made confusing by the fact an even elevator picked me up on 21. And let's top that off with TWO of the goddamn stops were CLOSED. Argh. Now the additional problem was I still had one stop of my own that didn't open till 10, so I was doing that in the meantime. That meant I had to rush back to my truck to drop off those boxes, grab the last one, and head on up to deliver it.
I made it, luckily. Pretty good considering I was also dealing with a guy I've never seen before on the elevator in my building which meant I had to go and retrieve all of my own equipment for once. I got back and had to do the checkout room again before heading home. If this is a permanent thing, then I'll be doing 6 hours every day from now on...which is a nice chunk of change. Especially since last week we got our raises, which ended up being 56 cents for me.
Of course I didn't get to do everything I planned on tonight as I ended up taking an impromptu nap again. But, I did get a few things at least. I was bored as hell the whole time, though, as NOBODY was on. I did talk to Rebecca some, and she told me that tomorrow there's a huge pillow fight in Union Square. Too bad I didn't know about that sooner 'cause it sounded like fun. Ah well. I already planned to do some cleaning so I have a better shot of letting Liz stay over for the con. All these CAGers offered me a place to stay for other cons, just trying to pay it forward.


1 Comments:
Thats what families are for, to support you when you have made mistakes, or are in trouble, and to give you love when you need it..
you and I both have benefited from tht, so maybe this girl could use some love too
most prostitutes don't just wake up one day and decide to do that. they are overwhelmingly victims of abuse, and runaways using this as a last resort
life's too short to judge other people
Post a Comment
<< Home