DRAFTY
We're only allowed $200 worth of uniforms per FedEx year. I got several shirts, 4 pairs of shorts, and 2 pants. Hats they seem to give away like candy. Anyways, that's all I can get until June. Now, I tend to wear one pair of the pants more than the other. Wear it a week, wash it that weekend, end up using it again the next week. This week, I had the lesser worn pair of pants. Now, given all the "stunts" I do when I work, it wouldn't be surprising if something happened to the more worn pair. But I was surprised today when a simple leap onto the conveyor belt ripped a small hole in my crotch. D'oh! It wasn't too bad...only noticeable if ya really looked, and there was sufficient fabric within to conceal. It was good enough for the day. And it survived the offload, my deliveries, even more of my usual movements. The killing stroke? When I sat in my truck to go back and dragged along the seat. That turned it into a nice hole with no covering. Oy.
Had a lot of suitcases today and a lot of outside stops, but fortunately I was able to get them all done with 8 minutes to spare. Of course, I got slammed with messages to go help Rory whose pad was acting up and had a bulk stop to do. I tried to find him, seeing only his truck and no keys. By the time he got there, they were all too late. I helped him cart them in anyways, saved him a trip (not that he deserved it). So, I logged off my pad and left it for him to use as instructed, we carted the stuff to the mail room, and I headed back to the station.
I took care of setting up the last of my DG station, while having someone call the DG lady about the mask cartridges we ordered. I wanted to see if the thinner ones we got had a significant difference from the bulkier ones we had. Came home and updated my site, and of course I was wide awake on a chilly day so I didn't feel like biking. We'll see how tomorrow goes with that.
Had a lot of suitcases today and a lot of outside stops, but fortunately I was able to get them all done with 8 minutes to spare. Of course, I got slammed with messages to go help Rory whose pad was acting up and had a bulk stop to do. I tried to find him, seeing only his truck and no keys. By the time he got there, they were all too late. I helped him cart them in anyways, saved him a trip (not that he deserved it). So, I logged off my pad and left it for him to use as instructed, we carted the stuff to the mail room, and I headed back to the station.
I took care of setting up the last of my DG station, while having someone call the DG lady about the mask cartridges we ordered. I wanted to see if the thinner ones we got had a significant difference from the bulkier ones we had. Came home and updated my site, and of course I was wide awake on a chilly day so I didn't feel like biking. We'll see how tomorrow goes with that.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home