LONE STAR ADVENTURE DAY ONE
Yesterday was good. Sort went down early, I didn't have many stops or pieces (meaning I needed to take my time or else get in trouble for finishing so early...luckily a stop Carlos gave me was a little difficult to find), and I got back nice and early. In fact, only rough part was the rushing I ended up doing to finish packing. Now seeing how that went, if today was the same I'd have an easy time making my car at 11:15.
Of course because Monday was good, Tuesday was destined to be worse. Tasha had to come out with me to give me a review ride as she'll be out from a surgery as of next week, so I had to be done today. It wasn't so bad, but waiting on her delayed me some so I ended up having to haul ass. But of course I had to stick as close to the rule book as possible. To top it off, I had a reattempt and had to help Mel with a stop and loan him a handtruck so he could make service as a freight went down while he was doing Rory's route. As a result, got back pretty close to 11. I rushed the paperwork, got changed, and had to wait for Tasha to dismiss me when the stuff I had to sign off on wouldn't come up. My car was there so I had to get going.
The ride to JFK was quick. Took a while to find a counter for my standby voucher, but got that settled and was on my way to the gate. Suffered the indignity of dumping out my pockets and taking off my shoes as I passed through security, and rode a pointless shuttle to my gate a distance I could have easily walked and quicker. Was a little confused on how my ticket worked, but that got straightened out at the gate. There I was, on board and ready to go.
I lucked into a window seat by the wing, so got a good view as we eventually took off. Spent the ride watching TV and dozing off until I finally got to Austin. Looks like my motion sickness rears up on airline descents. Oy. Never know when that will strike. Made all my contacts as I got off and met sis by the baggage claim. First order of business was to change into my normal clothes. Then, to get food as my last meal was dinner last night. She took me to this place called Players that was mmm-mmm good. Nice burger, fries, free refills all for $8.
After bumming at her place for a bit, we walked around and I took some pics of some nice sights around. Reminds me a lot of upstate NY in many ways, it's pretty cool. Eventually, we met up with Roy after the gym and headed up to Mount Bonnel to see this view of the city from up high. Took a while to find it, but we did. Was a lot of stone steps leading upwards to this little piaza type area to do the viewing. It was a nice romantic spot, so I left them two alone for a bit while I explored all the paths around there leading to these natural picnic tables and walls. I found myself back on the highway and got back up to them just in time for them to be ready to leave. So back down we went.
Felt some soreness coming on and tried to get some liquid Tylenol, unfortunately no go. We got back to the apartment when Britt called me. Looks like we'll be meeting up after all..either tomorrow when I'm up north, or Friday. Either way...yay! Also means I got Thurs free to hang with Amanda too. Looks like I get to make everyone happy this week. They settled in while I decided to explore some on my own, passing by Players for another helping.
So far, good trip. Never thought I'd have any travel experience to my credit; so weird to actually talk about it!
Of course because Monday was good, Tuesday was destined to be worse. Tasha had to come out with me to give me a review ride as she'll be out from a surgery as of next week, so I had to be done today. It wasn't so bad, but waiting on her delayed me some so I ended up having to haul ass. But of course I had to stick as close to the rule book as possible. To top it off, I had a reattempt and had to help Mel with a stop and loan him a handtruck so he could make service as a freight went down while he was doing Rory's route. As a result, got back pretty close to 11. I rushed the paperwork, got changed, and had to wait for Tasha to dismiss me when the stuff I had to sign off on wouldn't come up. My car was there so I had to get going.
The ride to JFK was quick. Took a while to find a counter for my standby voucher, but got that settled and was on my way to the gate. Suffered the indignity of dumping out my pockets and taking off my shoes as I passed through security, and rode a pointless shuttle to my gate a distance I could have easily walked and quicker. Was a little confused on how my ticket worked, but that got straightened out at the gate. There I was, on board and ready to go.
I lucked into a window seat by the wing, so got a good view as we eventually took off. Spent the ride watching TV and dozing off until I finally got to Austin. Looks like my motion sickness rears up on airline descents. Oy. Never know when that will strike. Made all my contacts as I got off and met sis by the baggage claim. First order of business was to change into my normal clothes. Then, to get food as my last meal was dinner last night. She took me to this place called Players that was mmm-mmm good. Nice burger, fries, free refills all for $8.
After bumming at her place for a bit, we walked around and I took some pics of some nice sights around. Reminds me a lot of upstate NY in many ways, it's pretty cool. Eventually, we met up with Roy after the gym and headed up to Mount Bonnel to see this view of the city from up high. Took a while to find it, but we did. Was a lot of stone steps leading upwards to this little piaza type area to do the viewing. It was a nice romantic spot, so I left them two alone for a bit while I explored all the paths around there leading to these natural picnic tables and walls. I found myself back on the highway and got back up to them just in time for them to be ready to leave. So back down we went.
Felt some soreness coming on and tried to get some liquid Tylenol, unfortunately no go. We got back to the apartment when Britt called me. Looks like we'll be meeting up after all..either tomorrow when I'm up north, or Friday. Either way...yay! Also means I got Thurs free to hang with Amanda too. Looks like I get to make everyone happy this week. They settled in while I decided to explore some on my own, passing by Players for another helping.
So far, good trip. Never thought I'd have any travel experience to my credit; so weird to actually talk about it!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home