Thursday, March 27, 2008

LUNCH-IN

Traffic has been murder on 7th these last couple days. Yesterday, it was all backed up 'cause of double-parked trucks and ambulances by the hospital. Today, looks like there was some kinda big field trip to MSG 'cause there were tons of school buses everywhere. So, getting back took forever.

Today was the lunch-in at 1 Penn for the employee of the months. They have these every month so the district manager can talk to all of them and acknowledge their achievements at that high level. Only thing is, they were behind as far back as September, so they're playing catch-up now. Me and Liz were gonna go together, so I was waiting on her as she was trying to scramble and get everything done she needed to get done by their deadlines. Only problem was this thing was at 12 and we were quickly approaching that. We finally got out just before 12 but then she mis-led us towards the 1 train rather than the A that we agreed on, so we had a few extra blocks to walk and that wasted more time. Why I didn't correct her was 'cause there are like 50 billion ways to get to different places in this city, so for all I knew she was taking one of them routes. Ya never know till you get where you're going that you're going the wrong way. We had some fun getting to the station, though...had a nice little "race" the last block. We got to the platform just as the train was arriving, and got to 1 Penn by 12:15 like I figured.

They got some Italian food. I have no idea what they hell any of them were...there were like these balls of dough, which was the same material as the crust of these wraps they had which looked like sausage, chicken and veg. But, they were good regardless. They also had some cookies and brownie bits. MmmmMmmm. At least the food was worth it. And, it looks like they started it nice and later than planned so we weren't all that late...nor the last to arrive. After we ate, the DM came in and re-read all the letters we got out loud and then had an open forum to voice concerns. Of course, the usual issues were brought up (like trucks) but doubtful if anything will get fixed all too quickly. The meeting was finished up the usual "great company" propaganda before we were sent on our merry way.

Liz caught a ride back with Carlos, so I headed for the D and came on home. After a quick stop by the house, I went over to ma's office to grab her car. See, Mark had called me (always while I'm working, no less) and left me a very long message that reminded me I had a task to do from the last meeting that I forgot completely about; find folders and ask Phil about stamps for promotional materials. Oopsie! Well I sent Phil an E-mail about the stamp and he's already in talks with Mark about it, so that's good. I drove up to Staples to look for the folders and get some prices, which I followed up with a search online when I eventually got home. Think Staples is the best deal for the kind we need.

After was a quick jaunt to the bank before picking the 'rents up so we could go to the accountant. Guy had one of those expressionless voices that just seems to drone, but he was alright. Unfortunately, looks like I can't count any of my Guild expenses as deductions. Apparently, you need to be making money in order to get deductions on money you spend. I probably could've said it better, that though I'm not making money now the goal is to one day do so through exposure, but whatever. Ma suggested keeping track of what I spend this year and we'll try again the next.

Did as much editing as I could today, but I didn't finish. I dunno why I'm so goddamn beat this week. And it's not even the usual tired like every other week...it's worse! I could barely focus worth a crap. I think tomorrow I'm gonna need to nap. It just has to be done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home