Saturday, December 08, 2007

STRANGE WORLD

Meeting was pretty big today. I ended up a couple mins late 'cause I went to the nearby Dunkin Donuts to get some (very limited selection) but it was all good. Met Ed outside, Tony and Jim were in the lobby, and others were already outside the room waiting on Gary. We had quite a few new members, and the return of some missing ones like Michelle. Also, the dude I talked to at Salicrup's party back in July at Bob's request finally joined up, having been working with Rachel who told him to talk to Mark at the con. Nothing like having to recruit the same guy twice. Jim also did a workshop on panel construction.

After lunch, I was off to the Javits for the Anime fest. Figured I'd see how they handle that kinda thing to get ideas for our con in April and to visit Rebecca. Hoooboy, it's a whole other world there. Everyone in freaky-ass costumes, weird products and characters. They make us comic people look normal! Although I'll say some pretty cute girls into Anime...which was ruined by 15 year olds in provocative costumes *shudder*. Had trouble findin' her 'cause she was walking around when I came, but eventually met up. I stuck around fer a bit, even found some normal comics to buy (got one that's haunted me for a decade in ads although I ended up passing up one I needed, dammit) before the show closed down. Rebecca opted not to stay for a concert she was going to and went with me. We passed by Fantasma Magic on 33rd to check out some tricks and get a small performance from one of the employees. We also had fun playing with the handpuppets there. After, we headed to the mall to get some food before catching the trains back.

One thing I learned was never listen to anything Ed says. He mentioned this website that's become a radio sensation with Youtube videos of reactions to it, so like I dummy I went and checked it out. GAH! You don't even wanna know what the hell it was, but lemme just tell you it was sick! People have problems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home