Wednesday, December 05, 2007

SOMEONE TO BLAME

I've just been made a liar out of to Britt. We talked about snow once since she lives in a land where it never happens (aka Texas) and I told her it hasn't snowed as frequently as it used to around here, and probably won't happen till January. Then Sunday it snows. Then yesterday it flurries. And then again today was another dusting. Oy! Converse are the wrong shoes to wear when it's a dusted powdery snow, 'cause it semi melts and becomes extra slippery. When I went to class tonight on the snowy parts I had to make like I was ice skating. It was actually pretty fun, and not as tiring as regular running, ironically.

Funny thing happened on the train ride home from school; this dude saw me reading a comic and then we got to talking. Nice to meet another comic guy on the train for once. We had a pretty good chat, and he lives somehwere around me. Probably shoulda got a screen name or something. Ah well, mayhaps I'll see him in passing again. I could use more comic guys to talk to on a regular basis, not just about CAG stuff.

This guy Dale at work always had a few screws loose, but lately he's really losing it. He does early early deliveries, so I need to give him an extra truck to take out. Now, trucks are hard to come by as is, so it's a struggle even finding those extra trucks. Lately, he's been ripping my head off because the trucks I give him suck. Well, hello! Ya just start working here? They ALL suck! I pick a random key, making sure NOT to give him a particular truck he begged not to get. He's had a problem with every one since, then acts like I should know what their problems are so I DON'T give them to him, as well as where they're parked so he doesn't hafta look. Guess what, bunky; my job is to give you the mother fucking keys to the mother fucking trucks that we've got. End of story. You want royal treatment, head on over to UPS where they get regular maintenance. I ain't taking primadonna bullshit at 6 AM like I have any control outside of what I do.

Speaking of trucks, we had the safety guy in today talking about how we need to fill out the sheets about them properly and if we feel a truck is unsafe to refuse to take it out and what not. We all laughed at the guy's ignorance that if we actually did that, NONE of these trucks would leave the building. Except we can't, because there's about a dozen on the roof that don't work, meaning no replacements. If my brakes get any looser I'm definitely throwing my truck out of service. I don't care. End of the week, if it's not resolved I'm refusing the truck Monday.

The route yesterday was a little heavy, but fair. I was a li'l behind but somehow I managed to get it all done. Today was another story. I didn't have many stops, but once again I had bulk around the corner and a super late start. Fortunately they threw me some help WITH equipment this time. I FINALLY, for once, got to do the route as I wanted with 3 handtrucks, and it worked GREAT. He dexed 2 stops that didn't open till 10, then we split the building and that allowed me time to get out and re-attempt one of the dex stops and deliver the first half of the bulk. Rory originally was gonna take it, but he said he wouldn't be able to...which changed 'cause when I went back for the rest he was vanning the stuff offa me and closed it out before I could stop him. D'oh! So, my van stats and his delivery stats took a 7 package hit which Natasha says should balance out by the end of the month, so we'll see.

Oh, and somewhere between getting there and delivering my first stop, I lost my stylus. I couldn't find it worth a crap and had to borrow my partner's pen so people could sign. I eventually found it back at the station, sitting on the hinges of a shelf in the truck, which caused it to virtually blend in. Ah well, at least I got it back. Damn rushing.

Don't you love when places, instead of giving you info, pass you along to other places? The registrar at my school, instead of having any say in the very word in their name (registration) sent me to the department head to see what the deal was. Too tired to go yesterday, I sent an E-Mail in which he told me to come by his office. Greeeeeeeat. Then, I did a CAG E-mail for Sat's meeting, and once again my subject line got deleted. WTF? I contacted Hotmail support who told me because I use Verizon DSL I need to talk to Verizon's tech support. Wait, HOTMAIL says I need to talk to VERIZON to deal with a HOTMAIL issue. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat? And it's not even a real goddamn issue! Just tell me what I need to set or re-set...is that so hard?!

Also having that powerless feeling again. Couple friends got some problems I wish I could help with or make go away, but alas I can't. Actually, the worse part is I could help one friend, and I would, but it'd require doing something highly inappropriate. See, that's the other thing...all these fine lines that exist that can't be crossed. It sucks when you can, yet can't, do something to help them. Sucks. I was, however, able to help another friend a with a very minor problem. So I guess that's something. Although, honestly, in this game I'd rather have more wins than losses. Especially the big ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home