Sunday, December 16, 2007

BLUE CHRISTMAS

I try to catch myself before I do something very stupid, but sometimes I think I don't catch it fast enough. As much as I try to avoid uneccessary conflict over retarded things, sometimes just getting in a position to have that conflict is enough to render the same result as having the actual conflict. Sometimes I'm just too stubborn for my own good...

This morning I did all my Xmas shopping. Done in about 2 hours with under $200 spent. Not too shabby. I need to get to the bank on Tues so I can take the money out for my credit card, as well as take $200 more as gifts for the elevator guys in that one building. I think greasing their palms is the way to keep people happy. I mean, only one has been a real big help, but if I just do him and not the others then I could screw myself over.

Almost got the preliminaries done. Pitch is giving me a hard time and the villain profiles need some tweaking, but I'm rolling along. Decided to put out there my need for talent, and hopefully I'll get some hits. I think I've also got a lock on my story for the CAG giant anthology our West Coast guy is putting out. It's times like this I realize maybe I should have stuck with my art. Every artist who just joined CAG already has a full plate of work coming their way, as well as books being put out. Me, I've got two stories that aren't even totally mine and nothing else ahead of that. If I don't find anyone for Idol, that goes bust. And if my pitch doesn't get taken for CAG, that's bust. It's not easy being a writer.

So what do I have going on this week...well, I'm expectin' the last hurrah before the holidays so the week might be hectic. Orrrrrrrrrr, since we don't do residential, maybe we already got everything and it'll be an easy week. I do need to finish finding out what places are closed; I do have most of them done, just need to write them on the actual sheet yet. I need to bang out my script for Idol and the anthology, as well as edit the one for my cousin. I found my envelopes so I can send out Wade's pic finally. This weekend me, D and Nel are supposed to go do something. I am kinda hoping this co-worker fix-up thing will disappear like so many other similar situations have because, honestly, my interests are already skewed elsewhere. And until that changes, it would just be me leading someone on in the meantime, which is not what I do.

We shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home