Wednesday, October 31, 2007

HALLOWEEN

We've got a station audit tomorrow, which means the brass is coming down to check out our operations and our bosses are scrambling to make sure everything that SHOULD have been done gets done. That includes all the paperwork in our files, stuff that's posted, and supplies loaded onto the truck. That's the first thing we hadda do today, stock up our truck with supplies. That is, of course, after two meetings...one for my work group, one for everyone. So the trucks were cleaned out to code and then it was business as usual. We had a couple guys from other stations helping on the offload as we're very shorthanded. Apparently, they also have a much easier system of doing it rather than looking at the addresses. Figgers.

Also figgers when I wanted to get the hell out quickly I hadda get yanked in 5 different directions to work on paperwork and get instructions and so forth. Didn't help I was already delayed trying to help someone, in which instance I ended up NOT 'cause I grabbed the wrong boxes. Stupid international labels.

I got my comics, then came home to try to finish my Halloween story before the kids started coming and pestering me. Didn't quite make it, so while I sat outside with the laptop for a bit, I adapted one of my web comic scripts from months ago. Came out pretty good, and I posted it on Myspace. I also used it as one of my assignments fer class. Gonna let the cat outta the bag that I'm a writer there, but I don't care. The class is so pointless. I didn't stay out long. Tried to do some homework after listing my comics, but wasn't gonna happen. I'll make it up eventually, as well as finish my other story this weekend.

Halloween was a little disappointing. Not many kids came on the block, which is how it's been for a while. That, and it seems like it's become an excuse for people to dress all slutty. I mean, in the subway I saw playboy bunnies, sexy firewomen and parole officers, and this one chick who wore a skin-tight gold baithing suit with tube socks. WTF?! There were some creative and typical costumes in the mix, but seriously...it's nuts what people consider a costume these days. Ah, good ol' Halloween...how I miss you.

In other news, looks like Brad Pitt's coming back to my area to film more scenes for Burn After Reading. So, autograph hounds, you know where to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home