Wednesday, October 24, 2007

SKELETONS

Wow, can't believe I forgot this story from yesterday! I hadda go get gas on my way back 'cause the gauge was doin' that tilting thing where I dunno if I'm running on fumes, the gas is just sloshing around the tank, or it's just busted, but I feel more comfy with a full tank at that point. I hafta use a middle one 'cause everything else is full. Okay, no big...pull out onto 30th and go from there. Right, except when I go to leave some asshole waiting for the diesel pump blocks said exit. It took some maneuvering to get my truck turned around so I could pass through where I filled up onto the avenue...annnnnnnd just in time for asshole to pull into the pump. Figgers.

On to today! One of the pullers got sacked, Ruglas. He's been having a lateness problem, got letters about it, had to WRITE a letter about it, and today was the final straw. He came in late, and was promptly escorted out. So, that means with Ortis out till Friday it's just me, Earl and whoever they can afford to stick down there...which ain't many. Most of our shuttle drivers have quit, and sorters keep getting moved around or fired, not to mention courier positions haven't been re-filled from people who left which means we're practically running on a skeleton crew.

We had a freight delay so everyone went out pretty light. I got stuck with an Old Navy stop. Now, this particular Old Navy, where I have to deliver is like a secured area. You got metal detectors, security cameras, and people with those ear piece things and walkie-talkies. You also have to wait for a higher-up to come on down and sign for said packages. Basically, it takes a while. Add to that I had 4 giant packages that barely fit on the handtruck, and well, yeah. I also had to help a guy find a Kinkos to drop off a package (good thing I printed out a partial list of ones around there) and seal up his box, which was another delay. Then the usual elevator bullshit, but it looks like Con Ed is finally done on the block, and despite it being 9 I got a spot right in front of the loading dock. Delays aside, I finished right on time.

I hadda get back on my website as I got delayed yesterday, so I didn't get to read any of my comics. Keith called me to ask if I'd run a table at a small con in midtown on Sunday. So I said sure, and he'll give me all the info at the party Sat. Rebecca also called me 'cause she was fooling around with her phone, which took me by surprise. She said it was an awkward situation 'cause of my reactions, but I warned her I suck on the phone. Random calls kinda take me off-guard, ya know?

School was crap as usual, and before I go to bed gonna need a heavy dose of Ben Gay on my wrists and neck as all are bothering me. Falling apart every so slowly...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home