Wednesday, October 17, 2007

FILMED

It seems I've landed in the middle of film central. The roads I take there's filming. Near where I deliver there's filming. By my station there's filming! Two weeks ago, Law & Order SVU filmed something at the 7th Avenue corner of the street that goes to my station. Missed what they did, but if it's anything like the last show I saw it'll be on TV in a month. Yesterday, I came accross them filming something for the other Law & Order; a scene with a Crown Vic doing some "stuns" (like peel outs are a real stunt...pfft). On my way to the train found signs up for filming of Cashmere Mafia on Bleeker for Friday. They're doing something by Hotel Penn too, but couldn't make out what the sign said from my truck.

And now, on to the crap.

Traffic was a nightmare an' we left late again. I was able to get faster service outta that stop today by callin 'em directly like I shoulda done yesterday. So much fer Juan bein' a help. My 6th floor stop was bulky, which meant I was gonna need to chance another trip. I did my outside stop, got all my crap inside, then delivered my 22nd floor stop with the hopes of usin' that handtruck fer 7. Yeah, didn't happen. I raced down the elevators to 6 an' delivered that stop, hopin' closer proximity to the ground would get me an elevator quicker. I just missed the elevator 'cause I hadda wait fer two bitches to SLOWLY pass by, then ended up waitin' AGAIN. Got down, loaded up with all the boxes I piled by the door, then fortunately got quick service to get it up. Since I was there, I delievered that one, dumped the handtruck, took one bank up to 12 where I delivered there, then on to 20 to begin my descent with the hopes of finishing in 20 freaking minutes. Somehow, I managed to do it with a minute to spare. What that basically means is I'm gonna need my third handtruck. I can't afford making additional trips with that freight, especially when Billy leaves earlier leaving me with the morons who don't care and take their time.

This damn stop on 11, they had me hold their stuff till Tuesday. Then they had me hold their crap till tomorrow. Don't they realize how much time they make me waste having to go alllllll the way to their location, unpack their crap to put a close scan on them, repack the crap so I can cart it, and then carry on? Valuable minutes are lost! They're nice people, but if I had any say in it I'd drop their asses.

Got my comics, was able to read through most of them 'fore I ventured to school. Class was there today, apparently having been cancelled Monday. Figures. Watched a dumbass documentary about someone I don't give a shit about nor ever heard of, and then it was time to go home. Blah. Could I have been ANY more bored?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home