MONSTER MASH
PAAAAAAAAAAAAARTAY! Halloween party night is here. As usual, trying to leave proved a challenge 'cause of some wardrobe delays. I picked out a shirt yesterday from the 3 button-downs in my closet that still relatively fit me (minus the sleeves, which were being rolled up anyways). Today I loaded up my tool belt with all my tools and a borrowed hammer pops had me tie-in so nobody could snatch it and doo something stupid. I did wanna bring these blue prints I took from Key Food when I left, but don't remember where I stashed 'em. Shoes were the challenge 'cause I was trying to decide what to wear. Settled on one of my spare pairs of work sneaks. And then, it was done and time to paaaaaaartay!
It was 7 and I was surprised it was so dead. Last time it was jumping right when it started. This would pretty much carry through the night as not as many people showed up. However, just as many showed up in costume...and if you average it out between the attendance for both parties, you'd know that's also not a good number. Keith, Sue, Everett, Matt, Sean, Shawnti, Ken, Ruth, Mark and wife, Ed and Lorna, Sam and Melvin were already there. Keith was a zombie doctor, Ken was Green Lantern, and Mark wore his Arkham inmate shirt from last weekened (which I made a crack about). Everett, of course, made a crack about my costume to the tune of the Village People. I lost count of how many people made that joke in different ways this past week. Tell ya, the LAST time I do an occupational costume.
Liz and her friend showed up, dressed up as a Jedi and Grim Reaper respectively. Mark from Catch da Craze and a couple of his buddies came, as well as the girl Jennifer I talked to at the con with two of her friends, two of them fairies and the other an undead school girl. This guy from our group whose name I could never remember came as a priest. There were these other two I didn't recognize who hung in a corner all night except when they performed. There was a tall black guy, and this buff black guy who came last year sporting the same vampire fangs. James came in a suit, and Belkis as a dominatrix. Zorikth showed up as the Deathstar Repairman, as usual, and Chris made an appearance, as well as Gary and his girl as devils.
I did my best to circulate around, especially downstairs as Sue was stuck down there because of her chair. Even though I got my #0s today before I left, I bought another Sky Pirates #0 to get the stuff that came along with it, and Ev's autograph on it. What the hell, right? Also bought my issues of Psychosis which I had everyone autograph (forgot my silver marker so I borrowed Keith's so much he just let me have it the rest of the night!), and got the last of Matt's Bigger trades that I hadn't gotten yet.
At some point, the four girls who came were having fun with Belkis' whip-thingy, as they all assumed the position at the bar and let it fly. After some music came the raffle segment. Somehow, we had 3 repeat winners winning more than once. In particular, the girl Jen who proceeded to jump up and down excitedly and hug everyone around her each time. The dude with the fangs mimicked her a couple times, as did one of her friends when she won. We all had a good laugh about it.
Gradually, the party started to wind down. Keith gave me stuff I needed for the con tomorrow and then we all headed out. Some stayed to continue the party downstairs, the CT people all tried to get cabs to get the train for home (big mistake on Sat night) and I proceeded to carry my heavy ass bag and tools for the train home so I could get some rest.
Overall, not as jammed as last year, but still a lotta fun. It was especially a good idea to include paper and mechanical pencils on the tables to whoever wanted to draw could. Think a good time was had by all...now, if only we could get more people to wear costumes. Comic people, you think they'd WANT to dress up! Oh, and also, without my accessories, my costume was a damn good look for me. Might wear it on more dressy occassions. Or on dates. If, y'know, I got any. (And yes, the one good pic I took will be in my photo section after I post this. For more, we'll just hafta wait for the party pics to be uploaded if I'm in any.)
It was 7 and I was surprised it was so dead. Last time it was jumping right when it started. This would pretty much carry through the night as not as many people showed up. However, just as many showed up in costume...and if you average it out between the attendance for both parties, you'd know that's also not a good number. Keith, Sue, Everett, Matt, Sean, Shawnti, Ken, Ruth, Mark and wife, Ed and Lorna, Sam and Melvin were already there. Keith was a zombie doctor, Ken was Green Lantern, and Mark wore his Arkham inmate shirt from last weekened (which I made a crack about). Everett, of course, made a crack about my costume to the tune of the Village People. I lost count of how many people made that joke in different ways this past week. Tell ya, the LAST time I do an occupational costume.
Liz and her friend showed up, dressed up as a Jedi and Grim Reaper respectively. Mark from Catch da Craze and a couple of his buddies came, as well as the girl Jennifer I talked to at the con with two of her friends, two of them fairies and the other an undead school girl. This guy from our group whose name I could never remember came as a priest. There were these other two I didn't recognize who hung in a corner all night except when they performed. There was a tall black guy, and this buff black guy who came last year sporting the same vampire fangs. James came in a suit, and Belkis as a dominatrix. Zorikth showed up as the Deathstar Repairman, as usual, and Chris made an appearance, as well as Gary and his girl as devils.
I did my best to circulate around, especially downstairs as Sue was stuck down there because of her chair. Even though I got my #0s today before I left, I bought another Sky Pirates #0 to get the stuff that came along with it, and Ev's autograph on it. What the hell, right? Also bought my issues of Psychosis which I had everyone autograph (forgot my silver marker so I borrowed Keith's so much he just let me have it the rest of the night!), and got the last of Matt's Bigger trades that I hadn't gotten yet.
At some point, the four girls who came were having fun with Belkis' whip-thingy, as they all assumed the position at the bar and let it fly. After some music came the raffle segment. Somehow, we had 3 repeat winners winning more than once. In particular, the girl Jen who proceeded to jump up and down excitedly and hug everyone around her each time. The dude with the fangs mimicked her a couple times, as did one of her friends when she won. We all had a good laugh about it.
Gradually, the party started to wind down. Keith gave me stuff I needed for the con tomorrow and then we all headed out. Some stayed to continue the party downstairs, the CT people all tried to get cabs to get the train for home (big mistake on Sat night) and I proceeded to carry my heavy ass bag and tools for the train home so I could get some rest.
Overall, not as jammed as last year, but still a lotta fun. It was especially a good idea to include paper and mechanical pencils on the tables to whoever wanted to draw could. Think a good time was had by all...now, if only we could get more people to wear costumes. Comic people, you think they'd WANT to dress up! Oh, and also, without my accessories, my costume was a damn good look for me. Might wear it on more dressy occassions. Or on dates. If, y'know, I got any. (And yes, the one good pic I took will be in my photo section after I post this. For more, we'll just hafta wait for the party pics to be uploaded if I'm in any.)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home