Sunday, October 01, 2006

3RD AVENUE FESTIVAL

Last night I done somethin' I ain't done in a looooooooong time; I sat out on my stoop. Just sat and thought. Used to do that all th' time when I was an artist, an' got me to thinkin' about th' times hangin' out with friends at 2AM like I was. Was a perfect night fer a hangout. I need some early AM friends I can chill with...ones whose ideas of fun aren't restricted to bars and clubs like every other BORING person out there. Live in freakin' NYC and that's all anyone can think to do. Puh-leeze.

Anyways, today was th' 3rd Avenue festival. Usually comes after th' Ragamuffin Parade th' day before (which Danielle's son was a part of, so told me in a phone call Friday). It's just a piddly little parade, gets worse every year. I stopped watchin' or gettin' up in time to see it years ago. This time I was actually able to go to th' festival (usually worked Sundays) so headed out after talkin' to Rogue an' sis fer a bit.

Was th' usual fare; tables of merchandise, toys an' lots of food. Rides fer th' kids, bands and even KTU. An oddity was a prayer stand at almost every corner. Don't remember there bein' so many...damn religion takin' over I guess. One thing that surprised me was seein' a new cafe on 73rd Street. Was surprised, 'cause I was there back when we got Carvel after Jekyll's an' it was still a vegetable store. Weird.

As expected, I didn't see Diane there. Maybe she came earlier, maybe she came later, maybe not at all. I wasn't holdin' my breath about it, usually how things work out. But, I was surprised I DID see Kristen from my old job there. She was with some friends, was gonna meet up with more friends later. Didn't get to say much more'n that as we got separated by th' KTU stage an' I just went on my way 'cause I had things to get done.

Went to th' 90s then came back to 86th to go to Radio Shack. Guy I work at CAG with, Rob, told me about a device he used to do phone interviews so he could record 'em easier. Since I got a phone interview comin' up figgered it'd make my life easier than tryin' to type as I listened. Soon as I walked in was helped an' found it fairly easily. Popped off by Burger King fer a drink an' headed back down to th' maddness. Made one more trip up 76th 'cause I heard th' Helen Hunt movie was filmin' there, but musta missed it. So, it was off to home fer me after a quick stop to pick up a die-cast Checker cab I eyed earlier.

Called D an' finalized all our plans. End of th' month gonna go to Hauntedhouseny.com's haunted house followed by a day of Evil Dead with Nelson (which hopefully won't be interrupted by th' first eye doc appointment I was able to get). Also, with all I've been hearin' about th' Evil Dead Musical I was afraid tix would get sold out so I decided we should buy 'em sooner rather than later. So, that's arranged fer November. Groovy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home