ONE YEAR LATER
We headed fer a romp through Walmart an' walked around a bit. Come th' toy aisle, I couldn't hold out anymore so I went an' smooched her. A couple times. From there on we walked hand-in-hand as we checked out more clocks (she collects 'em) until we headed out. From there we went to this park in Norwich where I gave her a massage while sittin' at a picnic table. Rubbin' soon gave way to cuddlin', then more smoochin'. After a bit went an' did her legs till she got cold, so I ran fer her jacket which was conveniently next to my schoolbag in th' back seat. So I grabbed her jacket an' th' rings I brought an' headed back.
I put one in each hand an' had her pick one, lettin' "fate" continue to rule us. She picked a hand, an' I got down on my knee an' asked her to marry me with th' ring. She accepted (of course; was just a formality I insisted on to seal th' deal) an' smoochin' followed.
After some more cuddlin', we got some drinks from th' McDonald's across th' street then headed to th' nearby cemetary to walk around. Lotta old graves there. Cemetary layout looked almost perfect to house our weddin' ceremony.
That was the scene a year ago today. I had gone upstate in a relationship and come back engaged. Everythin' was planned, from our ceremony to our furnishings to our retirement years. Unfortunately, we didn't make it. 5 weeks prior I had managed to go up after a long period of delays, not only fer the winter but 'cause of her new job hours and my schoolin', to try and see if her fallin' outta love with me was 'cause I wasn't around. No such luck.
Since after the new year, things changed. Things, and her. Convos got more forced, games disappeared, jokes no longer had any effect. She became a different person from the girl I fell in love with. We're goin' the "just friends" route fer now, but she's not even the girl I became friends with. Even the spark between us was gone when I was with her. But, I suppose not much one can do except forge on ahead and see how things progress between us.
The memories are still good, they still make me smile. Only problem is they were too few and far between. I wasn't ready to be outta the relationship yet 'cause we had only just really begun. But, she can't help how she feels any more than I can. Was great while it lasted, just wish it lasted a bit longer.
I put one in each hand an' had her pick one, lettin' "fate" continue to rule us. She picked a hand, an' I got down on my knee an' asked her to marry me with th' ring. She accepted (of course; was just a formality I insisted on to seal th' deal) an' smoochin' followed.
After some more cuddlin', we got some drinks from th' McDonald's across th' street then headed to th' nearby cemetary to walk around. Lotta old graves there. Cemetary layout looked almost perfect to house our weddin' ceremony.
That was the scene a year ago today. I had gone upstate in a relationship and come back engaged. Everythin' was planned, from our ceremony to our furnishings to our retirement years. Unfortunately, we didn't make it. 5 weeks prior I had managed to go up after a long period of delays, not only fer the winter but 'cause of her new job hours and my schoolin', to try and see if her fallin' outta love with me was 'cause I wasn't around. No such luck.
Since after the new year, things changed. Things, and her. Convos got more forced, games disappeared, jokes no longer had any effect. She became a different person from the girl I fell in love with. We're goin' the "just friends" route fer now, but she's not even the girl I became friends with. Even the spark between us was gone when I was with her. But, I suppose not much one can do except forge on ahead and see how things progress between us.
The memories are still good, they still make me smile. Only problem is they were too few and far between. I wasn't ready to be outta the relationship yet 'cause we had only just really begun. But, she can't help how she feels any more than I can. Was great while it lasted, just wish it lasted a bit longer.


4 Comments:
aw. how sad it was to break up with ur wifey. it almost made me cry.
how very sad.-tirzah
Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»
I like it! Good job. Go on.
»
Post a Comment
<< Home