Saturday, July 01, 2006

HOUSEWARMING

Today was D's housewarmin'. I had bought a box of cookies to bring since ma suggested I should. Today was also Shannon's first show, so I stuck around long enough to hear an hour of her broadcast from the radio's site before takin' a shower and grabbin' my bike. Had a good ride, but unfortunately ended up chafin' my rear so now I got that to deal with too. Tellin' ya, just not my year. Got home, showered, grabbed the cookies and left.

Block away from his place, ended up walkin' behind his friends Shawn and Preety (sp?) from his schoolin'. I slowed up and walked behind 'em till Shawn noticed me and handled intros. They got him a readin' lamp and some glasses. Got to Ds place where his sis and her BF were already playin' games on his laptop, and he greeted us in his "snazziest" house cleanin' attire. Apparently, dude neglected to watch the clock and didn't realize it was 6 already. Dee dee dee! His sis and Mike got him an A/C and a toaster oven. Well, s'my first housewarmin' (as Nel pointed out, was our first friend to get his own place) so didn't know what was required. Hey, I did all the movin', so I brought cookies, dammit!

Preety was given the tour and we ordered Dominos. No more 555 deal (bastards) but got 3 larges instead; meatball, cheese and pinapple pepparoni (ew! That one was Shawn's). We hung out, we ate, we talked. Shawn tried to be funny (emphasis on "tried") and they all talked about medical mumbo-jumbo that only 4 people in the room understood. Nel and Choy were sposed to come, in fact Nel called when we were orderin' the pizza sayin' he was on his way. Now, he don't live much farther than me, but he didn't get there till an hour later. Was all good. D's sis and Mike left first, followed by Shawn and Preety. Me, D and Nel hung fer a bit till his landlord's husband came down askin' fer rent. Now D was told he had till the 8th to pay, so he was a li'l short at the moment.

He got dressed and we hit the bank up the block, but he could only get $500 of his $900. Went accross the street to another ATM but only let him take out $200, and he didn't wanna bother findin' one more, so we went back and he worked it out with his landlord. He went off with him to discuss another issue while me and Nel just chilled in his place waitin'. After, played some video games and reminsiced through the yearbook 'fore me and Nel decided to call it quits.

Nel walked me home so he could borrow my elementary school yearbook and make photocopies to replace the one he lost. Not that I don't trust Nel, but the last time I loaned somethin' out it came back to me in pieces, so I hope I get this back in one piece. Most likely will, not really worried. Heh we flipped through it briefly and I saw there were notes written by pics. I thought they were those stupid messages people left, but he reminded me that we were given books fer that. Turns out I wrote about people I knew in Jr. High with my either fond memories, or spiteful hate, of them. Man, I so totally gotta read that when I get it back. Made sure to tell Nel I don't even remember what I wrote so not to get skerred when he reads it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home